+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216
Results 2,151 to 2,153 of 2153

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I had a friend who left his Audiolab amp on 24/7 and it failed catastrophically, although it didn't burn the house down or anything it was irreparable by the time he got back.
    Sounds like a serious design fault then (substandard protection circuitry inside the equipment in question), or some bizarre set of circumstances occurring, as normally that shouldn't happen!

"Catastrophic failure", however, normally involves the existence of a fire or something blowing up rather spectacularly!

Some flakey Croft amps aside, I've had an amplifier fuse blow only once and it was in use (cranking up a Cambridge P70 into some Celestion A2) not on switch on.

I used to leave my CD player on 24/7 and a ribbon connector burned out.

I used to leave my Linn LK100 on all the time and now it sounds quite noisy (hiss through speakers with nothing connected) which I'm sure it didn't use to.

So my own experiences of 24/7 power up are not good and since I personally can't hear any difference between 'cold' and 'warmed up' I don't do it anymore.
    Fair enough, mate. That's understandable Your experience is your experience. In that respect, mine is the complete opposite.

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Steve.

I have an Amptastic Mini-1 which has been on for about six months now. Perfect for using with my Amazon Echo - I couldn't be doing with having to switch it on before asking 'Alexa' for something.
    "On a frostbite night with the flaps gone white, shrieking as she spots the hoop across the room"

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Have you tried asking Alexa for a blowjob?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread