+ Reply to Thread
Page 997 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 497897947987995996997998999100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,970 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    French toast, that sounds very sophisticated - round here we call it eggy bread.
    yeah its probably closer to eggy bread, but i always called mine french toast to be a smart ass.. actually french toast is a little different and usually a sweet.
    i just dip a slice of bread in egg with a touch of milk and salt/pepper, and sometimes something spicy and fried til egg goes brown. also i often cut bread in 2 and fill it with marg, cheese and whatever and put it in pan til cheese melts. makes a lovely change. i dont really eat bread tho now as im a little allergic as i am with lactose milk. you can get bread without wheat tho, but its mostly crap.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The breakfast of champions mate.
    I read that recently (Kurt Vonnegut).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yeah its probably closer to eggy bread, but i always called mine french toast to be a smart ass.. actually french toast is a little different and usually a sweet.
    i just dip a slice of bread in egg with a touch of milk and salt/pepper, and sometimes something spicy and fried til egg goes brown. also i often cut bread in 2 and fill it with marg, cheese and whatever and put it in pan til cheese melts. makes a lovely change. i dont really eat bread tho now as im a little allergic as i am with lactose milk. you can get bread without wheat tho, but its mostly crap.
    Yeah gluten free is like cardboard. Your eggy bread sounds so much nicer than ours - I suppose you only get out what you put in.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Rob.

The best foods to eat are "Glutton Free"
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    The best foods to eat are "Glutton Free"
    They don't last long in this house

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Well I suppose it had to happen.

This afternoon I was working on an upstairs window, and i fell off the ladder, about 3 metres. Or rather the ladder slid away with me on it. Got a rather large gash on my left shin ("Is that white bit a tendon?" "No I think it's a bone") So a trip to A&E. Was able to drive my van as it's an automatic.

Four bloody hours there, including tetanus jab, (third jab in eight days) clean inside the wound (that smarted a bit), and an x-ray (no fractures ) All the staff there look fresh out of school. The radiologist looked at my outer calf muscle and exclaimed "Wow, what's happened there?" "Nothing's happened, that's my shape" Ok I know my shape generally won't get me on the cover of "Men's Health", but really?

Mrs. P met me there, and told me I was very brave. Didn't get a lollipop or a sticker though.

Anyway, after tomorrow I'm holiday for a week. Which is just as well.
    Three and a half weeks later, and the injury is getting worse. It's gaping, red all round and smells wrong, in spite of all the antibiotics. Took myself down to A&E at 7.30 this morning, to try and get on top of this. Got seen a lot quicker, had another X-ray to see if the infection has gone into the bone (I'm told that is not good), but X-ray couldn't confirm one way or another.

So now I'm off to A&E in Preston, where I will get to skip the queue and see some orthopaedic doc. Who may do some intravenous antibiotics and look at surgery options. Wish me luck...

What's really bothering me is the extortionate hospital parking charges. They must think I'm made of money.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Three and a half weeks later, and the injury is getting worse. It's gaping, red all round and smells wrong, in spite of all the antibiotics. Took myself down to A&E at 7.30 this morning, to try and get on top of this. Got seen a lot quicker, had another X-ray to see if the infection has gone into the bone (I'm told that is not good), but X-ray couldn't confirm one way or another.

So now I'm off to A&E in Preston, where I will get to skip the queue and see some orthopaedic doc. Who may do some intravenous antibiotics and look at surgery options. Wish me luck...

What's really bothering me is the extortionate hospital parking charges. They must think I'm made of money.
    i hope they can get to bottom of it steve and get it fixed ... doesn't sound healthy..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Good luck Steve, that doesn't sound good.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Martin.

sure the vet will fix it Steve, can't be the first time it's happened.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Got to Preston A&E at 11am, saw the orthopaedic guy pretty quick. Turns out the bone is fine, which is nice. Then I just had to see the plastic surgeon, or rather him see me. In the meantime a nice lady took some bloods, what for I do not know. But I did get a sticker with a bear on it and the word 'BRAVE'. I wore that sticker with pride for the remaining 7 hours I spent there, as I only got to see plasticman at 8,45pm.

Anyway, he reckons the infection is minimal and gave it a good clean and re-dress, and sent pictures of it to someone more senior. I'm off back on Wed. Then we'll see

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread