+ Reply to Thread
Page 951 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 45185190194194995095195295396110011051 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,510 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Really bad news, Forces TV channel is closing down on 30th June.
    That is bad news, although I don't watch it very often I do record the odd show. Seems they're moving back to their core role as a military charity. https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/forces-tv-is-closing
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

I hope someone else picks up their shows, the good ones anyway, I'm not going to miss 'Surgical Spirit.'

Now we're pretty much going to be reduced to just ITV4 and Talking Pictures for proper telly.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

I hope someone else picks up their shows, the good ones anyway, I'm not going to miss 'Surgical Spirit.'

Now we're pretty much going to be reduced to just ITV4 and Talking Pictures for proper telly.
    Nichola McAuliffe was scary
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Not as scary as the fact that show ran for seven series. It's so bad I can't even watch a couple of minutes of it.

Funny how some shows have improved with age, I mean 'Return Of The Saint' was crappy back in 1979 (except for the theme tune and opening title sequence ofc) yet still, compared to modern shows, it's not that bad. But I'd rather watch the 'Woke Cops With Issues' modern BBC shite than sit through an episode of 'Surgical Spirit'.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Just to clarify I would never watch 'Woke Cops With Issues' either unless you were to put a gun to my head and force me to make a choice.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Just to clarify I would never watch 'Woke Cops With Issues' either unless you were to put a gun to my head and force me to make a choice.
    not worth paying the licence fee.. i buy what i want on file and have prime etc free stuff (mostly guff) as back up. ive my dvds on hdd and my blurays too. at least what i watch is good to me irrellevent how often i watch it. thats the proof of a good show or film to me.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Actually saying that I did watch one episode of something terrible when I visited my mother. A serial killer was on the loose, as usual, and the woke cops with issues had to track him down.

Lots of mediocre actors saying serious things in serious tone of voice. Strong female cop who shows her fragile side but only to emphasise how professional and capable she is to overcome it.

The problem with these things is I don't care about the people who are being murdered and I don't care about the people trying to catch him as they are all so one-dimensional. I end up rooting for the serial killer to carry on and do some more murders.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not worth paying the licence fee.. i buy what i want on file and have prime etc free stuff (mostly guff) as back up. ive my dvds on hdd and my blurays too. at least what i watch is good to me irrellevent how often i watch it. thats the proof of a good show or film to me.
    yes, repeated watching is the true test. I've got loads of DVDs but I find it more fun to watch things that are broadcast, makes it more special somehow than picking something from a library, whether it's physical on a shelf or on a streaming service. I will end up going that way, though, as broadcast TV just gets worse and worse.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

yes, repeated watching is the true test. I've got loads of DVDs but I find it more fun to watch things that are broadcast, makes it more special somehow than picking something from a library, whether it's physical on a shelf or on a streaming service. I will end up going that way, though, as broadcast TV just gets worse and worse.
    im opposite. hated being tied to a time to watch summat. used to record everything but that was tiresome too as it often didnt appear for whatever reason. tennis player split his shorts so we are staying with this sort of shit. your program youve been waiting for all week will be crammed into a tight schedule at some other time where you'll miss it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    im opposite. hated being tied to a time to watch summat. used to record everything but that was tiresome too as it often didnt appear for whatever reason. tennis player split his shorts so we are staying with this sort of shit. your program youve been waiting for all week will be crammed into a tight schedule at some other time where you'll miss it.
    I have occasionally taped a programme then when I come to watch it, it's a totally different programme from what was advertised. That's annoying, it only seems to happen on the crappier cable channels though.

Even worse are programmes with the same name as something good, or crappy remakes that keep the same name. You tape 'The Taking of Pelham 123' and when you come to watch it find out it's the dismal John Travolta version. Or you tape 'UFO' only to discover that it's a documentary series with the same name and not the classic 1969 show you were hoping to see.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread