+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1597

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If you were at the centre of a circular room with walls being a single mirror all the way round, what would you see reflected?
    A rather puzzled-looking me, thinking "what am I doing here, and where is the door?".
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A rather puzzled-looking me, thinking "what am I doing here, and where is the door?".
    That's not what you'd see, at least not in any recognisable form.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's not what you'd see, at least not in any recognisable form.
    So what is the answer?
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

So what is the answer?
    42?

I'm Geoff.

So what is the answer?
    Hard to say.

From the viewpoint, the perceived image would of course be a 360 degree one (front, sides, back and so forth) and would would be reflected around infinitely. I tried to find some info, but failed. It's obviously a mathematical problem really. Not that I'm a good enough one to deal with this.

An experiment with a cylindrical mirror-foil ring and a camera could be interesting.

I'm Grant.

If you started against a wall facing mirror You would start off fairly normal then as you moved toward centre you would see yourself get smaller then get bigger until all you can see is your face then as you move toward wall behind your image would flip upside down and then recede. I think. Lol
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Ian.

Do you live anywhere near a field of rye Geoff lol?
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Grant.

Another interesting mirrored effect is your reflected image is always same size irrelevant of how close you are to mirror. About 50% of actual. It may look bigger or smaller but isn't.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Grant.

still trying to find this video i saw on this subject. was interesting. another thing it said that i remember was that our view of ourself is, obviously not the view others see due to mirror reversal, but if you used a flexable mirror and curve it to right angle you will see 2 images of yourself. the one you normally see and the view others see.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

a ha, it was on my other pc..lol

Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread