+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Truth be told Marco, I've spent more time reading about your objections to Royal wedding television coverage (which I'm sure has nothing to do with your invite being "lost in the post") than I have the actual coverage (which isn't difficult as I have manged to see NO royal Wedding stuff on the TV).

Now I know I could just move to another part of the forum if I really needed to avoid seeing previously interesting topics being hi jacked by anti-royal rants (by people who assume we're all interested by people's disinterest in this stuff). But being the laid-back sort I am, I'll read just about anything. Sometimes when sat on the bog, I'll read the fine print on the shampoo bottles (helps get things moving).

This isn't an anti-rant rant, as I have no more interested in the Royal Wedding backlash than I do the wedding itself.

ps. I've just read a fascinating bit of Royal Family gossip. Apparently blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah… Who would have guessed?
    Well, Joe brought it up again, so blame him!

Marco.

P.S Did I tell you I hate royal (no, I won't capitalise *that* word) family gossip?
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Faced with a day like that, your average fourteen year old would just stay in bed.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I watched "The Walking Dead" the other day, and there was absolutely no mention of the Royal Wedding, although one of them did look a bit like Prince Phillip. If you watch stuff like this, or "American Horror Story", you're probably safe.

But if you prefer home-grown cack like "British Bakeoff" or "The One Show, well you deserve everything you get.
    Ha - that wasn't where said reference was mentioned. It was on the Food Network, which is (or should feature) wall-to-wall coverage about FOOD, not royal wedding chat!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, Joe brought it up again, so blame him!

Marco.

P.S Did I tell you I hate royal (no, I won't capitalise *that* word) family gossip?
    Yeah but it's royal family Gossip, with a capital G! Like Corrie, but posh. What's not to like?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No stereo in our house just a big Ferguson transistor radio. And I didn't get a computer until 1984. And I couldn't afford to buy games for it anyway, had to write my own. Although that did give me something to do.
    Yeah, I used to do a bit of that, using BASIC. I have fond memories of entering lengthy programs into my VIC-20, in the hope it would result in being able to play a good game, typing 'Run', and then getting error messages, which I had to fix before the program (and game) would work!

Great satisfaction though, when you managed to fix the problem, however usually only resulting in access to some very clunky basic game with shite graphics, which used about 2k of memory My mate was really good though (more of a geek) and knew much more than me about computers, so he could usually fix any problems that I couldn't. Fun times!

As a kid/teenager, I'd had access to some form of 'music system' in my bedroom since I was about 10.

At first, it was a 'Dansette'-type record player, then a mono tape player, then a 'posh' ghetto blaster, then a Sanyo music centre, culminating in my first proper hi-fi separates system [Ariston RD11S T/T, with a Sondex amp and a pair of Mission standmounts] in 1982, when I was 16 and had started earning some money from working in my dad's chippy. Now the sound *that* system produced was the envy of my friends!

Aside from that, in the earlier days, I'd have friends round playing Subbuteo or Scalextric, or I'd be round doing the same at theirs, and when I was 15, I has a CB radio in my bedroom - and what a giggle that was, I can tell you, especially using it to meet girls!!

Heck, even when it was raining, that wouldn't stop us from playing football......

I wasn't so glued to the box mate, as you were.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Tell you what would be funny, a reality show where they take current day 14 year olds and recreate a Sunday from the 1970s which they have to spend the day in. A Sunday in winter where it is cold and pissing down. See how well they cope with no internet, computer games, telephones etc.

[...]

1700-1900 total dead zone, religious programming and news on telly, time to do your homework.
    As someone said on another forum, when Songs of Praise came on you realised that a) the weekend was almost over and b) you hadn't done any homework.

I'm Steve.

Ha - that wasn't where said reference was mentioned. It was on the Food Network, which is (or should feature) wall-to-wall coverage on FOOD, not royal wedding chat!!

Marco.
    If you are into cookery programmes, or gardening, or horses, then you are their target audience. Switch to watching documentaries about the toilet routines of Napalm Death, and they'll leave you alone.

T'other system:

A/V:

I quite often did mine on the bus to school... It was a good 35-minute journey, so there was usually enough time to 'cobble together' some bollox!

Marco.
    Main System

If you are into cookery programmes, or gardening, or horses, then you are their target audience. Switch to watching documentaries about the toilet routines of Napalm Death, and they'll leave you alone.
    Lol... The point is, they shouldn't make ignorant assumptions as to what their 'target audience' is. If I want, *I* should be able to watch a cookery programme, for example, without any mention of bloody royal weddings. Not everyone who watches such programmes will automatically be a fanboy of the royal family!

And when that other pompous YAWN FEST is on, I believe they call it 'Trooping of the Colour', it's all over both of the main BBC channels, for HOURS, as if the whole country is supposed to be glued to it!

What a load of pointless cock froth. I'd rather sit and fill 'Squeezy bottles' with my stagnant arse-gas.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

At first, it was a 'Dansette'-type record player, then a mono tape player, then a 'posh' ghetto blaster, then a Sanyo music centre, culminating in my first proper hi-fi separates system in 1982 [Ariston RD11s T/T, with a Sondex amp and a pair of Mission standmounts], when I was 16 and had started earning some money from working in my dad's chippy. Now the sound *that* system produced was the envy of my friends!.
    I didn't even have my own bedroom, let alone a 'music system'. First I shared a bedroom with my two older sisters, and was then moved into the box-room with my little brother. There was just about enough room for bunk beds, and for us to get into the beds (having checked a house for sale in the road, the room was 9'7 x 5'10). When I was about 14, my father got a car, and we had a garage built with a bedroom over the top, and we moved in there. It was roomier than the box-room, but colder and smelled of petrol. There was a family Dansette record player in the sitting room, and a large radio in a walnut case in the dining room, and those were the only sources of music in the house.

+ Reply to Thread