+ Reply to Thread
Page 620 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 1205205706106186196206216226306707201120 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 11726

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Surely, with your arse, you'd just release one of your 'specials'? That would soon ensure ample 'social distancing'!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    That all sounds fantastic!

It was supposed to be Ireland this year but mother-in-law is in a nursing home and not doing too well - Ursula and her sister flew over yesterday and have to isolate for 5 days before a COVID test and, if this is negative, they can go and see her.

We’re going to Ursula’s sister for Christmas Day/Boxing Day which will be nice but also going to my sister for Christmas Eve as it’ll be our first Christmas without my mum, who died in September. Mum always loved Christmas and made it really special for all of us ever since we were children, hence why my Christmas spirit is slow to get going this year.

Don’t worry, though - I’ll get there eventually!
    Really sorry to hear about your mum, mate (mine was the same in terms of Christmas). That would've been hard - I know what it's like. Christmas can be a sad time for many, but you've just got to try and make the most of it and count your blessings, as there's always someone else far worse off...

Anyway, hope you guys can have as nice a time as possible in the circumstances, and give my best to Ursula. I wish her mum well

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My tip; first thing you buy is a broom handle, and anyone who comes within broom handle distance gets a whack round the head
    My walking stick will do. Still got one after a knee injury a while back.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Surely, with your arse, you'd just release one of your 'specials'? That would soon ensure ample 'social distancing'!!

Marco.
    So true, and it's funny to see the look in their eyes when they realise for the first time just how ineffective their masks really are
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Really sorry to hear about your mum, mate (mine was the same in terms of Christmas). That would've been hard - I know what it's like. Christmas can be a sad time for many, but you've just got to try and make the most of it and count your blessings, as there's always someone else far worse off...

Anyway, hope you guys can have as nice a time as possible in the circumstances, and give my best to Ursula. I wish her mum well

Marco.
    +1!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

Marco.
    Thanks Marco - that's appreciated. As I said, I love Christmas so I'll get there in the end - it's just not happening as easily this year!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Steve.

Sympathies, Beobloke.

Christmas is for kids really. Us adults just drink and watch the footie and old films and go for walks to walk it all off.

My mum used to do brilliant Christmas Stockings. And brilliant Christmas trees. Even when we were teenage. Lots of chocolate, satsumas, little presents and, because she wasn't judgemental about our bad habits, 3 packets of Embassy cigarettes. Main presents were after the Queen's speech at 3PM. Bless her.

We always had Carols from King's College playing on Christmas Eve too. Occasionally went to midnight mass at the local cathedral too. Guess that one is out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Christmas is for kids really.
    Or those who still like to be kids!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

We are in for a treat before Christmas. Thursday, 10 December at 7.30 PM livestream thingie.

https://johnrutter.com/all-events/a-...er-and-the-rpo

For those who don't know, John Rutter and his Choir are just brilliant.

Looks like Classic FM are broadcasting it too:

You can also hear the concert in full on Classic FM at 8pm on Friday 18 December.

https://www.classicfm.com/composers/...ration-online/

I'm Alan.

Default Tree is up at Firebottle Towers

Our real tree has been brought in from the garden and decorated. Time for a beer now

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread