+ Reply to Thread
Page 1172 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 17267210721122116211701171117211731174 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Sounds like he's well out of it so that's good.

Can he not live in his car, though? Like Bobby Chariot?

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Well his Honda Civic does have a cigar lighter socket, so heating Cup-a-soups would be no problem

Bobby Chariot, never heard of him, very 70s... reminds me a bit of Bernard manning, who once did a stand-up at a pub local to me. He was terrible. Only thing he said that was slightly funny, was how when his old mum was ill, he had to carry her downstairs every morning to make his breakfast. 70s was a bad time for stand-up comedy.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Just returned from shopping in IKEA. What a nightmare: you are supposed to follow a one-way system; many of the items are not clearly marked with their price, and worse of all when you go to the lower level to get to the checkout (all self service) you have to change the plastic carrier sack or bucket for a metal trolley.

Now in itself that should be nothing to get troubled about, but in my case every time I touched the metalwork of the trolley I got a static shock. I got so fed up with that I was obliged to put on my gloves.

I was wearing leather sole shoes, but I can't see how that should have made a difference.
    Last edited by Barry; 26-03-2024 at 16:32.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I'm not a fan of IKEA shopping either. We were there a couple of weeks ago for some Kallax shelving for grandkid's toys (not assembled them yet). Time before that was about 3 years ago - we got to checkout, when Anita realised she'd forgotten something. I set off back, going against the one way system. I got a bit lost, so she waited about 20 minutes for my return.

To relieve the boredom I used to predict how many pregnant women I'd see there. Lots of small children now, I guess time marches on.

I don't know who the bloke is that does the tannoy announcements, he sounds like someone's grandfather looking for the exit.

This morning Anita ordered a tall lamp from IKEA on her phone - it will be delivered tomorrow to a post office local to us, for an extra 4 quid. That's more like it

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just returned from shopping in IKEA. What a nightmare: you are supposed to follow a one-way system; many of the items are not clearly marked with their price, and worse of all when you go to the lower level to get to the checkout (all self service) you have to change the plastic carrier sack or bucket for a metal trolley.

Now in itself that should be nothing to get troubled about, but in my case every time I touched the metalwork of the trolley I got a static shock. I got so fed up with that I was obliged to put on my gloves.

I was wearing leather sole shoes, but I can't see how that should have made a difference.
    The trolleys are designed to keep giving you shocks until you've spent a sufficient amount.

Clever, those Swedes.
    Current Lash Up:

Another thing that amused me was the wide range of storage 'cubes' (think they are called KALLAX) allowing the storage of LPs amongst other things, yet the complete absence of any CD storage.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Another thing that amused me was the wide range of storage 'cubes' (think they are called KALLAX) allowing the storage of LPs amongst other things, yet the complete absence of any CD storage.
    Yes you'd have thought they could've come up with a mini version for CDs by now. I'd buy them. I have an 8-er for LPs, it's holding about 500 albums with one square left.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Only issue with Kallax for LP storage is that they are rather deep and there is no back. But I have a cunning plan

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Only issue with Kallax for LP storage is that they are rather deep and there is no back. But I have a cunning plan
    I think they are meant to be wall mounted. They do look good and come in a variety of finishes.
    Based on your experience, I think I would 8 - 12 cubes to hold the rest of my collection.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Buying CD storage new seems to be impossible. Was after some a few years back. Nothing on tinternet.

I eventually got some storage towers from the charity shop but I was checking for ages before any came in. I suppose people just skip them. Probably with the CDs still in them.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread