+ Reply to Thread
Page 511 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 114114615015095105115125135215616111011 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 11746

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I do feel sorry for those who have had young children/teenagers cooped up with them for weeks on end (and for the young children/teenagers themselves), and for those who have lost or are likely to lose their jobs. My sister-in-law hasn't been able to see her grandchildren for several months; there's a new one due soon and she may not get to see him/her for some time yet.
    Ditto, and I hope she gets to see them (and the new arrival) soon. And yes, the lockdown or virus hasn't really affected us in any serious way either so far.

However, speaking for myself, and as someone who's essentially a 'free spirit', largely divorced from the system and who values his FREEDOM, second only to his life and that of others he loves or cares for, and who's used to doing WHAT he likes, WHEN he likes, and also GOING where he likes, when he likes, whilst (within reason) being answerable to no-one, I utterly ABHOR being told by the authorities what I can do and where I can go - and essentially being placed under house arrest. *That* REALLY irks!!

I detest ANYONE being 'in charge' of my daily life, or movements, as I'm simply not used to it. That's why I'm so passionate about protecting my human rights and civil liberties.

So for me, as soon as those shackles are removed, the better, especially as I'm a social animal (not a loner, as many here appear to be) and so enjoy seeing my friends and family (many who've been unable to visit from Scotland during this pandemic), plus taking my wife out for a nice meal, or to the cinema, pub, etc, etc, oh and to get a freakin' haircut (!!) plus, and this is a real BIGGIE for me, as a practicing Catholic, being able to attend weekly masses at church, and praying to God in the normal way, as part of a congregation and in the presence of my priest (Canon), or Bishop, rather than watching a totally soulless streamed version of it on a TV!

Spiritual sustenance is as important to other Christians and me, as any other kind.

Therefore, as soon as all that returns to some semblance of normality, the happier I'll be, BUT I'm also acutely aware and grateful of how lucky I am compared to some!! So let's all hope that we can get through this pandemic are quickly as possible, and once again be FREE and IN CONTROL of OUR own lives...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm still working 9 to 5. Passing the rest of the time same as I always do - music, telly, sleeping. And I've got a computer game where you have to fight the Vietnam War, Takes about an hour to play a turn and there's 120 turns. That eats up the time like you won't believe. Not a shoot 'em up thing, it's proper strategy game and bloody difficult.

Not really doing anything different from normal, like I said.
    No worries, gotcha! Well done with the cleaning, shows how bored you are, lol! So next time I visit, I'll be able to eat off the floor?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No worries, gotcha! Well done with the cleaning, shows how bored you are, lol! So next time I visit, I'll be able to eat off the floor?

Marco.
    Not been bored at all. I always try to do some serious cleaning in the spring. Did the upstairs last year. That was a job and a half. Especially the back bedroom. You know when they excavate those Egyptian tombs and first of all they have to clear 500 tons of rubble from the entrance passageway by hand? That's what it was like.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Lol... The question you have to ask though, is WHY did you let it get that way in the first place?

TBH, having that level of clutter around would've done my box right in... I mean SERIOUSLY SO - I'd have made me ILL!

Marco [likes to live in a tidy and organised environment]
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Lol... The question you have to ask though, is WHY did you let it get that way in the first place?

TBH, having that level of clutter around would've done my box right in... I mean SERIOUSLY SO - I'd have made me ILL!

Marco [likes to live in a tidy and organised environment]
    Well there's only me here and I only need one bedroom. So the other one just got used as a store-room. But eventually it got to the point where I couldn't even get in there. Still quite a lot of gear in there but now it's all tidy and organised. I don't really fret about stuff like that, it's not important. But it had got out of hand and needed sorting.
    Current Lash Up:

No worries mate, but it shows how in that respect we're very different. I'd have made the spare room into some sort of usable living space. Has it never bothered you from the point of view of bringing a chick back to entertain, even when you were younger? In that respect, I'd always want to have some kind of cool 'bachelor pad', to woo the ladeez...

Trust me, if I were a single guy, *that* would be a major consideration - even at your age!

Marco [loves female company].
    Main System

I'm Martin.

When I moved in 20 years ago I had no furniture at all and hardly any possessions, just a telly, the hi-fi and some records. And the telly was rented. Every room was empty. It just built up over time. So was not a problem. As far as women are concerned, always use her place to get together or next thing you know she's moved in. Done all that in the past and I'd rather live on my own.
    Current Lash Up:

Fairy muff, but that may be because you just haven't found the right woman to share your life with. Unfortunately, you've got a rather cynical attitude in that respect, probably (justifiably) because of past bad experiences, but it doesn't need to be like that.

I just couldn't live without having a companion or someone/something to care for or come home to, even if it was just a dog or a cat, the latter which incidentally I think you should seriously consider getting when you retire

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Fairy muff, but that may be because you just haven't found the right woman to share your life with. You've got a rather cynical attitude in that respect, probably (justifiably) because of past bad experiences, but it doesn't need to be like that.

I just couldn't live without having a companion or someone/something to care for or come home to, even if it was just a dog or a cat, the latter which incidentally I think you should seriously consider getting when you retire

Marco.
    Don't need a cat.... He s got the Oppo

Lol - does it make a good cuppa, too?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread