+ Reply to Thread
Page 846 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 346746796836844845846847848856896946 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,460 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

We used to have a bulmastiff which we bought as a puppy and insured him straightaway. At about a year old he was diagnosed with hip dysplasia (I think that's how it's spelled) The treatment would cost a fortune, but insurer paid for them. Though we had to pay the vet then claim money from insurer. We were only covered for 2 years for that condition, after which we were on our own.

When doing a job at a stables the nice lady there recommended glucosamine & chondroitin tablets (available at supermarkets for cheap as chips), pretty much the same thing. Worked a treat. Must have saved us hundreds if not thousands. Can't believe the vet didn't suggest this
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    When doing a job at a stables the nice lady there recommended glucosamine & chondroitin tablets (available at supermarkets for cheap as chips), pretty much the same thing. Worked a treat. Must have saved us hundreds if not thousands. Can't believe the vet didn't suggest this
    My old Staffy started getting a bit stiffer and was having trouble with her rear quarter when she got to about eleven - I paid quite a bit at the vets for those tablets, then found them at Tescos for a couple of pounds. They certainly seemed to do the trick for her, she was running around with no signs of problems right up to the end.

Mind you I have tried high dose glucosamine & chondroitin from Holland and Barrett and they made bugger all difference to me
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    My old Staffy started getting a bit stiffer and was having trouble with her rear quarter when she got to about eleven - I paid quite a bit at the vets for those tablets, then found them at Tescos for a couple of pounds. They certainly seemed to do the trick for her, she was running around with no signs of problems right up to the end.

Mind you I have tried high dose glucosamine & chondroitin from Holland and Barrett and they made bugger all difference to me
    What do they call them at Tescos then?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

I bet you didn't supplement them with Pedigree Chum, that might do the trick
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    What do they call them at Tescos then?
    This is the one:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I bet you didn't supplement them with Pedigree Chum, that might do the trick

is that what is called an "holistic approach"
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Mike.

Thanks for that, they are slightly cheaper than the medicine the vet prescribes!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Just bought myself a new toothbrush. It has 5,460 bristles in the head - and no, I haven't counted them to make sure.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just bought myself a new toothbrush. It has 5,460 bristles in the head - and no, I haven't counted them to make sure.
    you must have a lot of teeth
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

No, the brush has 5,460 bristles, each 0.1mm in diameter.

But maybe I ought to by this: https://www.dentocare.co.uk/curaprox...rush-cellowrap, with 7,600 (x 0.08mm diameter) bristles next time?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread