+ Reply to Thread
Page 582 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 824825325725805815825835845926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

'The top 10 earners are still all white.'

You'd think on their salaries they could afford a foreign holiday. Or at least a sunbed.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

There are only four presenters worth listening to on Radio 2: Jeremy Vine, Bob Harris (as, music-wise he's the closest we've got now to John Peel), Steve Wright and Trevor Nelson. The rest are anodyne cardboard cutouts!

Personally, as bad as it can be, if I'm in the car and listening to the radio instead of CD, then I prefer having Radio 1 on, as occasionally it throws up a few gems, in terms of new music, as unlike some folk here (lol) I like discovering new music, especially the best of the young new indie bands.

The problem with R2, and it has many problems, is that you never (or rarely) hear any new music... And the station hasn't had a decent presenter for the breakfast show since the departure of Chris Evans... As much as he can be an annoying PITA, at least he had a PERSONALITY!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    There are only four presenters worth listening to on Radio 2: Jeremy Vine, Bob Harris (as, music-wise he's the closest we've got now to John Peel), Steve Wright and Trevor Nelson.
    Jesus - no, surely not! Yes on Bob Harris and Trevor Nelson but Jeremy Vine is just an annoying cretin who seems to think it's amusing to pretend he doesn't know anything about the subject under discussion just to get arise out of his (largely idiot) callers. As for Steve Wright, he's still doing the same scripted, pathetic show he has been for the last thirty years and he should have been put out to pasture long ago. Anyone who stands in for him makes the show far better, IMHO. I'd love someone like Craig Charles to take over his slot permanently.

Frankly the only people I consider worth listening to on Radio 2 these days, in addition to Bob Harris and Trevor Nelson, are Ken Bruce, Jo Whiley and Johnny Walker. I don't actually mind Sara Cox, with the exception of the predictable 1980s Heart Radio-style music she plays. Don't get me started on Zoe Ball or that cretin Rylan...

I genuinely cannot believe it, but I spend more time listening to Radio 1 these days, and I didn't expect to be doing that after Chris Moyles left!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Martin.

Sara Cox, that was the other one. Boring as anything.

If they just paid the presenters £30K a year instead of 2 million a year then they could afford the royalties to play music all the time, the presenter could just cut in occasionally to introduce the song, do the news or tell you the time. You don't need any special skills to do that.

Surely the whole purpose of listening to the radio is to hear music? Not some idiot presenter waffling on about nothing or Joe Punter calling in to tell us he's driving down to Worthing for a birthday party. Nobody cares!
    Current Lash Up:

I'm guy.

[QUOTE=Macca;1221544].........
    If they just paid the presenters £30K a year instead of 2 million a year then they could afford the royalties to play music all the time, the presenter could just cut in occasionally to introduce the song, do the news or tell you the time. You don't need any special skills to do that.
    /QUOTE]

Or put the money saved towards keeping no licence fee for OAP's, rather than whinging on about how broke they are.

(I quite like Sarah Cox though and think that they would have been better getting Lisa Tarbuck on the morning slot - as long as she could get up in time. Steve wright also gets on my tits, doesn't have ask Elvis anymore which was the highlight of his show for me )
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

[QUOTE=guy;1221569]
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    /QUOTE]

Or put the money saved towards keeping no licence fee for OAP's, rather than whinging on about how broke they are.

I quite like Sarah Cox though and think that they would have been better getting Lisa Tarbuck on the morning slot - as long as she could get up in time. Steve wright also gets on my tits, doesn't have ask Elvis anymore which was the highlight of his show for me )
    I think R2 presenters (like any other employees) do as their told. Sara Cox used to be really good imo, when she was able to talk about important topics like her back fat, and running out of bog roll and having to "dab her flower" with a postage stamp size bit. Things change, and not usually for the better. Lauren Laverne used to have a great North east accent which I could listen to all day, all but gone now

Ask Elvis was great, he should have had the breakfast spot
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adam.

God, no, can’t stand Liza bloody Tarbuck either.

And I must confess, I used to crack up at Ask Elvis...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Jesus - no, surely not! Yes on Bob Harris and Trevor Nelson but Jeremy Vine is just an annoying cretin who seems to think it's amusing to pretend he doesn't know anything about the subject under discussion just to get arise out of his (largely idiot) callers. As for Steve Wright, he's still doing the same scripted, pathetic show he has been for the last thirty years and he should have been put out to pasture long ago. Anyone who stands in for him makes the show far better, IMHO. I'd love someone like Craig Charles to take over his slot permanently.

Frankly the only people I consider worth listening to on Radio 2 these days, in addition to Bob Harris and Trevor Nelson, are Ken Bruce, Jo Whiley and Johnny Walker. I don't actually mind Sara Cox, with the exception of the predictable 1980s Heart Radio-style music she plays. Don't get me started on Zoe Ball or that cretin Rylan...

I genuinely cannot believe it, but I spend more time listening to Radio 1 these days, and I didn't expect to be doing that after Chris Moyles left!
    Lol.... Don't have much of a view on Sara Likesacock [bit of a twittering empty-headed bimbo, IMO], so not my type at all. Annie Nightingale was far more interesting. I quite like Jeremy Vine, as I also watch him on 'Eggheads'. I take your point about him, but for me he's just a good presenter, and I enjoy some of the discussions on his show.

And Steve Wright I like for reasons of nostalgia, as I grew up with him in the late 70s and 80s, with 'Mr Angry' and 'The Newsagesnt', etc. Ken Bruce is a nice guy, but a bit boring, ditto Johnny Walker. I'd also throw in Tony Blackburn too, for nostalgia reasons. Good shout on Craig Charles, yup forgot about him. I'd like to see him being given a more prominent spot - possibly the breakfast show, as he can funny, and you need something to lift you first thing in the morning on the way to work - I hate BLAND!

Lisa Tarbuck? Aw gawd, no. She's worse than Cox and has a truly dreadful taste in music! R1 is worth listening to, for reasons specified, and also for not simply sitting back and becoming an old man - nothing makes you (mentally) older quicker, than when never receiving any stimulation from younger people and gaining some kind of insight into what's happening NOW, not just in the past!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

Lol, weird fucker!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread