+ Reply to Thread
Page 1074 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 74574974102410641072107310741075107610841124 ... LastLast
Results 10,731 to 10,740 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Bugger. I was cleaning a rusty shovel with a wire cup brush on my angle grinder and caught my index finger knuckle. Doesn't hurt much, but looks a bit of a mess. Trouble is, I'm on blood thinners and an hour on I'm still waiting for it to stop bleeding!

Never mind, I've done worse.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Bugger. I was cleaning a rusty shovel with a wire cup brush on my angle grinder and caught my index finger knuckle. Doesn't hurt much, but looks a bit of a mess. Trouble is, I'm on blood thinners and an hour on I'm still waiting for it to stop bleeding!

nasty cuts those.. at least the bleeding will clean it out... but you might need to see a doc if it doesnt stop with pressure
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I think it's slowing. Just took the dog round the block and dripped a trail of little blood drops .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Did you have a nice pair of those tough leather gardening gloves I was talking about laying around doing nothing?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Grant.

get some styptic powder from chemist.. that should stop it. if your on thinning meds you should keep some handy... a cloth and pressure might too but takes at least 15 mins... ice can also help
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Did you have a nice pair of those tough leather gardening gloves I was talking about laying around doing nothing?
    I wouldn't wear thick gloves near fast rotating machinery. If they get tangled a couple of fingers could get ripped off in a flash .

I'm Steve.

I wouldn't wear thick gloves near fast rotating machinery. If they get tangled a couple of fingers could get ripped off in a flash .
    No matter how cold it gets, I would not go near power tools with gloves on for that reason. Things can go wrong faster than you can blink.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I wouldn't be pinning too much hope on the alternative.
    Yeah that's a tricky one - do I prefer dog shit or cat shit? Decisions decisions...

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

When are you going to Bulgaria - or have you been there, and just returned?
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Just got back this morning Barry - the holiday was great, it's the getting there/coming back that does my head in. Outbound flight nearly an hour late, then a 2 hour wait at Burgas airport's baggage reclaim while they got the 'conveyor belt' to work.

At least we got our luggage - the shaved monkeys at Manchester airport had failed to load two trucks of luggage, so about a third of the passengers didn't get their luggage until Friday, a four day wait. One couple we spoke to only had the clothes they were standing in and had to do a big clothes shop to tide them over. Then when returning, their cases, packed with their original clothes plus their purchases put them over their weight allowance, and so had to pay extra - bloody cheek! I believe they were being compensated £100, so that's ok then

Oh and the return flight was delayed by a couple of hours, so we arrived at Burgas at 10.30pm, and got out of Manchester airport at 6am. And that was with a two hour time difference

Still, mustn't grumble

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread