+ Reply to Thread
Page 543 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 434434935335415425435445455535936431043 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

I see McDonalds Hotels have started TV advertising, welcoming us back. If they think we've forgotten, they've another think coming. Bunch of tossers.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I never went there anyway. Never even heard of them before that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I never went there anyway. Never even heard of them before that.
    Me neither! Always tent or B&B for us. Well not tent any more, but definitely not hotels. Usually. Ok sometimes, when abroad. And occasionally in this country.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

We like hotels (nice ones, generally privately owned, which don't need to cost a fortune), but I wouldn't be going there!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Had a late one last night (no change there) so put my rubbish bags out just before I went to bed at about 3, one orange bag with cardboard, paper & recyclable plastic & one black bag. When I got up at about 8 this was what was on my drive

Didn't go too close because of covid but these orange bags all looked to have non-recyclable stuff in so if the dustmen won't take them I'm stuck with them! Just to cover myself I reported this 'flytip' to the local authority.

I'd noticed that my neighbour had been sorting out stuff in her conservatory, it had been floor to ceiling crap but I happened to look last night & it was nearly clear so it didn't take Poirot to work out where the additional rubbish had come from.

Now luckily the dustmen weren't fussy and just took the lot but when my neighbour came to pick up a parcel I'd taken in for her (see, I even do her favours!) I asked her about the rubbish that had appeared. She denied all knowledge & said it had happened to her! I just said if these cheeky f***ers try it again & I catch them I'll make them eat it. Was I out of order?

I'm guy.

I would have put on some rubber gloves and chucked the bags on her conservatory roof.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Any future mail for her that postie mistakenly puts through your letterbox, save it, and when you have a few put them in a couple of bin bags full of crap and dump them outside the council offices.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Any future mail for her that postie mistakenly puts through your letterbox, save it, and when you have a few put them in a couple of bin bags full of crap and dump them outside the council offices.
    That's sneaky enough to have been thought up by me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Pete.

need to get one of them cheap automatic cameras n catch her in the deed

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    need to get one of them cheap automatic cameras n catch her in the deed
    Have been considering one of those ring doorbells for a while.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll take them under advisement

Took in two more parcels for her today, she seemed a bit perturbed at having to disturb me to collect them, maybe I made my point?

+ Reply to Thread