+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538938 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

You are correct. Cabin pressure is generally below ground level atmospheric pressure.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

So how was Bulgaria, farty pants?

Marco.

I'm Martin.

You know when there's turbulence and you have to fasten seatbelts but there are always a couple of cocks who carry on walking about? The type who've been up and down out of their seats the whole flight, can't stop still for a minute?

Well, do you ever hope there'll be a bit of extreme turbulence that slams them up against the roof? Got to say I do. Maybe a bit of claret, broken nose or something. Never seen it happen but I know people who have so I live in hope. Although I don't fly much anymore so probably missed my chance.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You know when there's turbulence and you have to fasten seatbelts but there are always a couple of cocks who carry on walking about? The type who've been up and down out of their seats the whole flight, can't stop still for a minute?
    Yeah, on the few times I've flown, that also roasts my melon. I mean, where the fuck are they going - sightseeing?

If they've got ants in their pants, I'd send them to play football out on the wing!

Marco.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So how was Bulgaria, farty pants?

Marco.
    Perfect for us - a lot of walking, a lot of eating/drinking, a lot of reading, and a fair bit of sleeping

Made my annual visit to Nessebar old town, a UNESCO World Heritage site with a lot of history, if that's your thing. Mostly for me it's visiting their little record shop, where I always pick up one or two souvenirs. The guy actually remembers me now, so either I'm really memorable or business is really shit. After buying "Rattle That Lock" by David Gilmour last year, which ended up a bit misshapen by the time I got it home, I vowed to get no more vinyl.

But this time I ended up getting mint-looking copies of "Siren" by Roxy Music (I know, but I'm trying to complete their album discography and only a couple to go), and "Welcome to my Nightmare" by Alice Cooper. Cost me a total of £22, so not mega bargains, unless they play mint.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I've flown many times, but the only aircraft I've been on have been military. That was a long, long, time ago!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

I was out in the garden about 7.15 this morning and all I could hear was the squawking of Parakeets flying about, they're getting very common here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Perfect for us - a lot of walking, a lot of eating/drinking, a lot of reading, and a fair bit of sleeping

Made my annual visit to Nessebar old town, a UNESCO World Heritage site with a lot of history, if that's your thing. Mostly for me it's visiting their little record shop, where I always pick up one or two souvenirs. The guy actually remembers me now, so either I'm really memorable or business is really shit. After buying "Rattle That Lock" by David Gilmour last year, which ended up a bit misshapen by the time I got it home, I vowed to get no more vinyl.

But this time I ended up getting mint-looking copies of "Siren" by Roxy Music (I know, but I'm trying to complete their album discography and only a couple to go), and "Welcome to my Nightmare" by Alice Cooper. Cost me a total of £22, so not mega bargains, unless they play mint.
    Good stuff, daftee. Sounds like you guys had some quality time and recharged your batteries, which is what a holiday's all about!

Nice one on picking up some vinyl. too. Always good to add to one's collection of choons... Did you try some of the local red wine, as I mentioned before you went away? The stuff that they don't export abroad is supposed to be rather good, and cheap as chips. Also, how was the grub?

Marco.

I'm Steve.

Marco, always thinking about yer belly!

Didn't get to "eat out" this year (we were all-inclusive and watching the pennies a bit), but the hotel food was actually really good, though not traditional Bulgarian. I think they were just catering for several nationalities. I seemed to get through a lot of veal steaks served in a variety of sauces (which I liked).

But the culinary highlight came on Wednesday evening, in the form of a Cockney-sounding gob-on-legs, and his equally vocal wife. The bloke had been a bit of a knob all week, swearing loudly about anything and everything within earshot of all the small kiddies. I could have happily knocked the little fat fuck's pint onto the floor and mop it up with his head, but we were trying to have a chilled holiday so we gave him a wide berth (as did everyone else).

Anyway, as I was browsing the a la carte offerings my attention was drawn by him and his equally mouthy bint giving the holiday rep some grief about the temperature of the Chilli. Mrs. Gobshite had a food thermometer stuck in it with a reading of 56C, which apparently isn't good enough. She declared (loud enough for the whole restaurant to hear that "I do this for a living, and this should read 75C!" I'm guessing her "profession" is school dinner lady. I just pushed past her and got some of the condemned Chilli and very nice it was too

Begs the question though: Who the f__k takes a food thermometer on holiday?

Next day they were gone - I suspect they were after some kind of discount off their holiday. I might have a look on Trip Advisor if I get a bored minute, they will definitely have posted something.
    We did do a tour round a wine place in Pomorie last year, where we got to try out various plonks. The reds were largely quite a fruity bouquet with earthy undertones, and an amount of woodiness...sorry I can't keep that up - they were nice, but we're not big wine drinkers. I think the cheeses that came with it helped.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Post of the year (so far - no pressure!) right there Steve. Loved it!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread