+ Reply to Thread
Page 587 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 874875375775855865875885895976376871087 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Found the drain hole but what now? Does it come out? I did think about getting a screwdriver in there but I don't want to break it.
    Usually clear it with a cocktail stick or the narrow end of a cable tie (or anything softish). Try pulling any debris out, rather than pushing it through if you can. But eventually just be sure that the hole is clear to drain away.
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Martin.

okay will do, thanks for the tip. Have to admit I never recall my parents having to muck about with the fridge, maybe they did it when I wasn't there...

I want your speakers btw.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Pipecleaners.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gordon.

Have to admit I never recall my parents having to muck about with the fridge, maybe they did it when I wasn't there...
    Can you recall sitting watching your mother cleaning the fridge? . . ha ha... Neither can I, not regarding the drain hole, anyway....

I want your speakers btw.
    LOL. . . many do...

Geoff's idea of pipecleaner may work, but you'll maybe push the debris further down the drain tube.....okay if you're satisfied that it's completely clear to the end.
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Martin.

No I don't ever recall the fridge being defrosted, cleaned, drained or anything. I recall my mother doing washing, ironing and hoovering up, but not cleaning the fridge. I think they only had 2 fridges in the 18 years I lived there. They had a new kitchen in about 1982 so the fridge changed once in almost two decades.

The freezer is still going now and that dates from about 1976. Don't recall that ever being defrosted either.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Found the drain hole but what now? Does it come out? I did think about getting a screwdriver in there but I don't want to break it.
    I once tried to clear the ice from my chest freezer by hacking at it with a chisel. Worked a treat - after a brief hissing sound the freezer defrosted itself
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm guy.

pull the fridge out from the wall - the drain pipe will exit in to a tray which sits on top of the compressor (heat from compressor is supposed to evaporate the fridge condensate and that tray can get disgusting).
    I have use a long wire and a spray cleaner from inside the fridge to clear the drain pipe on our fridge, it can be quite worrying what grows there
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Walking the dog this morning past a field of "pulled" onions (laying out to dry before collection?) - the smell immediately took me back to my youth and a brand of cheese and onion crisps called "Chipmunk" (I think), is it rose tinted spectacles or are modern crisps crap in comparison?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

We should have a thread on 'evocative smells'.

Anybody remember the odour of Castrol R emanating from sportier motorbikes yonks ago?

(never been too sure how long a yonk is )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    We should have a thread on 'evocative smells'.

Anybody remember the odour of Castrol R emanating from sportier motorbikes yonks ago?

(never been too sure how long a yonk is )
    I used to be really into hot rod racing on quarter mile oval circuits. The smell of Castrol R was intoxicating.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread