+ Reply to Thread
Page 523 of 545 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 5443

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

  1. #5221
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 69,274
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - aren't they ex-Orange? Thought they were ok. Anyway, I don't use my phone enough to warrant changing anything. I think the last time it was switched on was two weeks ago.

    Marco.
    Deutsche Telecom i think
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

    RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

  2. #5222
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 28,049
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    I can't remember who T-Mobile originated from now, might have been Orange. Too long ago. But Orange always had the same problem too, they broadcast on twice the wavelength of Vodafone and Cellnet so the signal did not travel well through walls. You could always spot the people who were on Orange because they'd have to run outside the pub to take a call.

    Might all be different now with your 4G and 5G, assuming you've a compatible handset, I don't know. I quit the industry in 2004 and have paid zero attention to it since then.
    Current Lash Up:

    *Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *


    'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

  3. #5223
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: gone away

    Posts: 4,870
    I'm joe.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

    Might all be different now with your 4G and 5G, assuming you've a compatible handset, I don't know.
    With 5G though you have to have the mandatory Bill Gates microchip injected into your arm to enable you to receive the signals.

  4. #5224
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 97,808
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    ...and the subsequent look of a psychopath.

    Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

    Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

  5. #5225
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: gone away

    Posts: 4,870
    I'm joe.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ...and the subsequent look of a psychopath.

    Marco.
    I looked like that already.

  6. #5226
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 28,049
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    With 5G though you have to have the mandatory Bill Gates microchip injected into your arm to enable you to receive the signals.
    I've always thought it a great shame that he decided to set up a charitable organisation with his billions instead of becoming a master criminal and spending the cash on a hollowed-out volcano lair with a monorail, a fleet of mini-mokes and an army of fanatically loyal troops wearing brightly coloured overalls and construction helmets. What an opportunity wasted!

    It's certainly what I would have done. The microchip plan to control the world would have been my first project. Of course it would have been foiled in the end by a plucky and resourceful MI6 agent who I have singularly failed to kill despite having the opportunity to do so on multiple occasions, preferring instead to monologue about my genius.

    But that's all part of the fun and naturally I would escape at the last minute (with my cat) and return with an even more fiendish plan (6G?) a couple of years later.
    Current Lash Up:

    *Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *


    'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

  7. #5227
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 43,516
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Bet he has a decent Hi-Fi though.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

  8. #5228
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: gone away

    Posts: 4,870
    I'm joe.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Bet he has a decent Hi-Fi though.
    Made by the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY, no doubt.

  9. #5229
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: Chorley Lancs

    Posts: 6,680
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've always thought it a great shame that he decided to set up a charitable organisation with his billions instead of becoming a master criminal and spending the cash on a hollowed-out volcano lair with a monorail, a fleet of mini-mokes and an army of fanatically loyal troops wearing brightly coloured overalls and construction helmets. What an opportunity wasted!

    It's certainly what I would have done. The microchip plan to control the world would have been my first project. Of course it would have been foiled in the end by a plucky and resourceful MI6 agent who I have singularly failed to kill despite having the opportunity to do so on multiple occasions, preferring instead to monologue about my genius.

    But that's all part of the fun and naturally I would escape at the last minute (with my cat) and return with an even more fiendish plan (6G?) a couple of years later.
    Make sure you get a deaf cat, or it'll bugger off after the first explosion.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

    T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

    T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

    A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

  10. #5230
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 28,049
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Make sure you get a deaf cat, or it'll bugger off after the first explosion.
    Deaf or extremely sanguine. I've noted that Donald Pleasance has great difficulty in holding onto his cat in 'You Only Live Twice' and that's when he and Bond are just having a quiet conversation in the volcano lair's control room.
    Last edited by Macca; 07-06-2020 at 08:47.
    Current Lash Up:

    *Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *


    'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •