+ Reply to Thread
Page 964 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 46486491495496296396496596697410141064 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 11705

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    an attack on someone who was different to them and were weaker. time to fling anyone carring a knife in jail for 10 years a pop.
    I read 'No Mean City' as a teenager. That was about the razor gang violence in The Gorbals.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

an attack on someone who was different to them and were weaker. time to fling anyone carring a knife in jail for 10 years a pop.
    "The police and courts are getting tough on knife crime". Yeah right. Me and Mrs. Pony have seen enough of these cops programmes, and what usually happens is that the cops arrest someone carrying a knife, and then if they can persuade the CPS to run with it (they often won't) then some smart arse lawyer makes the judge feel sorry for them. Custodial sentences are rare.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "The police and courts are getting tough on knife crime". Yeah right. Me and Mrs. Pony have seen enough of these cops programmes, and what usually happens is that the cops arrest someone carrying a knife, and then if they can persuade the CPS to run with it (they often won't) then some smart arse lawyer makes the judge feel sorry for them. Custodial sentences are rare.
    Always get community service round here for just carrying. The jails are full.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

I remember associating with some guys when I was in my teens, they weren't friends of mine, but loosely associated. One day they were all carrying these razor blades wrapped in tin foil, because there was 'gonna be some bother'. I was shocked and bewildered at this, it seems that some teenage boys have got this really sort of violent mindset, it's weird. They didn't seem to realise what they were doing, I dunno, I suppose it's why they use youngsters for soldiers?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Nobody is safe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62570923

I expect the poor old guy was singled out precisely because of his vulnerability by some inadequate teenaged loser at a guess.

I know this road well, been there many times and have a friend who lives about a hundred yards away.
    I see they have nicked a 44yr old from your area Geoff
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I see they have nicked a 44yr old from your area Geoff
    Hope they give him hell!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hope they give him hell!
    sure someone will.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It has taken me nearly a week to complete the Evening Standard's weekend crossword.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It has taken me nearly a week to complete the Evening Standard's weekend crossword.
    im still on one from 1973
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Come on Grant - only three more posts to go to reach 90K!

Only Marco has clocked up more posts.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread