+ Reply to Thread
Page 398 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I think Boris was in town today, I had no idea. I'm glad I stayed in and missed the circus though
    Watching the Boris v Hunt debate I am glad I'm not a Conservative party member - the choice might as well be which eye you would like gouged out with a spoon...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Watching the Boris v Hunt debate I am glad I'm not a Conservative party member - the choice might as well be which eye you would like gouged out with a spoon...
    Boris doesn't seem like a popular choice here, friends I have spoken to about his visit have said they purposely avoided the island until he had gone.

Boris as prime minister, that'll be interesting.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I think Hunt has come on stronger and answered more questions directly - but I suspect a lot of members will already have voted in favour of Boris - I think it might be closer than first expected.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Rich.

I think Hunt has come on stronger and answered more questions directly - but I suspect a lot of members will already have voted in favour of Boris - I think it might be closer than first expected.
    I have to admit to not following it in any great detail, from what I have seen though Hunt comes across as a more suitable candidate, but as you say it looks as though Boris is favourite.

Will either do anything for us in reality?

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

Me neither, Boris still comes across as a buffoon (couldn't even appear on national TV with his tie straight or his hair brushed) but "people" tell me it is all an act and he is very clever. Hunt comes across as a... slimy sh!t bag, but a safer pair of hands? I can only say that if a choice between those two is which eye to gouge out, a choice for Corbyn would be to gouge both eyes out... Lib Dems could make gains but they're strictly remain which isn't democratic to the referendum result which in my opinion (though I didn't vote for it) should stand. Green party, perhaps? Politics in the UK really is in a mess, to be honest.
    Alex

I'm Grant.

Both as bad as each other tbh.
    Tory party are dinasors
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Me neither, Boris still comes across as a buffoon (couldn't even appear on national TV with his tie straight or his hair brushed) but "people" tell me it is all an act and he is very clever. Hunt comes across as a... slimy sh!t bag, but a safer pair of hands? I can only say that if a choice between those two is which eye to gouge out, a choice for Corbyn would be to gouge both eyes out... Lib Dems could make gains but they're strictly remain which isn't democratic to the referendum result which in my opinion (though I didn't vote for it) should stand. Green party, perhaps? Politics in the UK really is in a mess, to be honest.
    That's the sort of summarising the BBC website could do with.

I really do try not to think for too long about the state of politics and the ever increasing knife/violent crime incidents. I'm not sure what's happening to the Britain I'm proud of, I'm probably not allowed to despair at the state of the country or I'll be labelled racist, small minded or brainwashed.

I try to avoid political discussion as it rarely ends well, so despite having said all that I'm going to back away slowly and bid you goodnight

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

That's the sort of summarising the BBC website could do with.

I really do try not to think for too long about the state of politics and the ever increasing knife/violent crime incidents. I'm not sure what's happening to the Britain I'm proud of, I'm probably not allowed to despair at the state of the country or I'll be labelled racist, small minded or brainwashed.

I try to avoid political discussion as it rarely ends well, so despite having said all that I'm going to back away slowly and bid you goodnight
    Normally my stance on the forum is never discuss politics or religion - not sure what came over me Rich! Maybe we got away with it?
    Alex

I'm Geoff.

I have to admit to not following it in any great detail, from what I have seen though Hunt comes across as a more suitable candidate
    There are no 'suitable' candidates, the Tories are all a bunch of Hunts. Trouble is, Labour are equally rubbish, with a power mad commie in charge who will never win a general election for them.

Better the Devil you know? No, not really, we're screwed either way. String the whole lot up and start again I say!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rich.

Normally my stance on the forum is never discuss politics or religion - not sure what came over me Rich! Maybe we got away with it?
    I think we did, that's an internet first

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

+ Reply to Thread