+ Reply to Thread
Page 933 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 4338338839239319329339349359439831033 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,330 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

I see they've found out where I live. At least the dustbin's out the back .

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-13/...iracy-theories
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I see they've found out where I live. At least the dustbin's out the back .

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-13/...iracy-theories
    saw that yesterday. think nasa said its natural and actually a very small fissure.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    saw that yesterday. think nasa said its natural and actually a very small fissure.
    I expect the image has been edited to 'assist' it a bit.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss the idea that there could once have been a civilisation on Mars.

It's perfectly possible and there are a lot of as yet unexplained features.

Modern humans have only been around for the last 200K years or so. In the life of the solar system that's just a few seconds. There's millions of years for another civilization to have appeared and died out, or even multiples of them. In those time spans it does not take long for everything to crumble to dust and vanish.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I expect the image has been edited to 'assist' it a bit.
    apparently huge magnification can do that, but it does look like a door... a friday afternoon door tho.. good to see aliens have a shit workforce too
    it was only tiny in real life
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

There is no sense of scale, so nothing to give an idea of size - it could be anything.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss the idea that there could once have been a civilisation on Mars.

It's perfectly possible and there are a lot of as yet unexplained features.

Modern humans have only been around for the last 200K years or so. In the life of the solar system that's just a few seconds. There's millions of years for another civilization to have appeared and died out, or even multiples of them. In those time spans it does not take long for everything to crumble to dust and vanish.
    A lot can change in 200k years. It only took 15 years for the foam surrounds on my AR speakers to crumble to dust. Give it another 200k years and the cabs will be looking pretty shot too.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

i'd imaging there will be signs of humans having been here for a good few million years, but vast majority of it wouldnt take anywhere near that. some radiation might take up to half a million years to completely vanish. deep mines might take longest tho, and might always show some traces; hard to tell. but bar the steel(mostly stainless) as normal steel would likely go quite fast. stone etc would be gone i'd think relatively fast. I mean how long does it take for a house to disappear? not that long in geological terms. I guess much will depend too on the way the weather goes after we go.
    Might get some fossils etc i guess for a long time..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

You can see from some of the abandoned industrial sites here how fast nature reclaims them.

One just round the corner from me, was totally clear in 2008 as they were going to build a parade of shops on it (despite there being a dozen empty shops within a couple of hundred yards). Then the crash happened and the site was abandoned. Only 14 years later it's a dense wood with trees 20 foot high.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You can see from some of the abandoned industrial sites here how fast nature reclaims them.

One just round the corner from me, was totally clear in 2008 as they were going to build a parade of shops on it (despite there being a dozen empty shops within a couple of hundred yards). Then the crash happened and the site was abandoned. Only 14 years later it's a dense wood with trees 20 foot high.
    yup chernobyl was only 30 odd years ago and its getting pretty overgrown... but the buildings are still there of course.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread