+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

I suppose I should clarify that it's my uncle in jail, not my step dad.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    As with many things, our attitude towards religion will be largely influenced by our childhood experiences.
    Absolutely, which is why your views, in that respect, will be very different from mine. That thing with your uncle is horrible.

I've only ever had happy/positive experiences from being brought up and educated as a Catholic, both as a child and adult, plus having a belief in God has provided me with great comfort in difficult times, which is why my Catholic faith is a big part of my life - and always will be. Del's the same, and it's probably one of the reasons why we're so close and have been happily married now for nearly 30 years

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I've only ever had happy/positive experiences from being brought up and educated as a Catholic, both as a child and adult, plus having a belief in God has provided me with great comfort in difficult times, which is why my Catholic faith is a big part of my life - and always will be. Del's the same, and it's probably one of the reasons why we're so close and have been happily married now for nearly 30 years

Marco.
    Caroline's a heathen Prod (C of E wing), but we're still happily together after nearly forty years.

I'm Steve.

I don't think my views are different, as in spite of the experiences of others in my family I have no negative feelings towards religion, or religious folk. I simply take people as I find them - there are good 'uns and wrong 'uns in every walk of life. I did go to Sunday school at that particular church for 2 or 3 years, and only have good memories of that.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Adam.

Default Tell Me Something............Anything!

I was in a church last week for my father-in-law’s funeral - the first Irish Catholic funeral I’ve been to and, christ it was it dreary!

It went on for nearly two hours and I was shivering in the draughty old church by the end of it. Give me a nice, British, heathen cremation that’s over in 25 minutes any day!

On a more serious note, I genuinely hate burials. I think the idea of sticking someone you loved into a box and dumping them into the ground to be worm food is horrible. The father-in-law’s funeral was the worst as I was asked if I’d do a spot of pallbearing, which, of course, I was more than happy to do. Unfortunately, I didn’t realise this meant I’d be one of the people actually lowering him into the grave, which I did not like one bit.
    Last edited by Beobloke; 18-03-2019 at 07:11.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Steve.

Crematoriums have better heating

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm sorted.

My first hifi experience with Dad’s Ferguson 327RG probably rocking out to Adam Faith

I'm Grant.

mum and dad had a radiogramme/ record player. was a nice piece with the usual Garrard deck in.. valve amp etc but in a fairly modern cabinet. He wasnt overly impressed and bought himself a sony music centre(top of the range in the day). It was a big leap forward, although now it wouldnt sound so great I guess.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

My parents 1950's Blaupunct Arkansas here, it's mono but with three speakers, big elliptical in the middle and two smaller units at either end of the cabinet. It has really good reproduction.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

The old man had a big floorstanding HMV wind-up gramophone with a large folded horn inside that he played his 78's on. In the late fifties started buying LP's so he ripped the innards out of the HMV and installed a BSR autochanger deck, home built (and designed) valve amp and a 12" Rola speaker. He used that until he died.

It was one of these.

This is the deck he installed.

Last edited by walpurgis; 19-03-2019 at 14:19.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread