+ Reply to Thread
Page 374 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474874 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Wow Russell, some ordeal! Hope you get mended soon - I'd avoid hammocks for a while...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome back Russell.

My, that's one hell of a lot of surgery you have been through. As others have said take it easy now and leave the sex in a hammock activity to Bev.
    Barry

I'm Russell.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. And I hate to sound old, but sex is the absolute last thing on my mind these days, I don’t even want to watch others having sex in a hammock! Well, maybe just for a moment, out of curiosity you understand. But only a moment! Then it’s back to my split pea soup!

Russell

No need to apologise Russell,

There are some that like to talk about sex ('aural' sex?), whereas there are those who just get on with it, without fuss, discussion or comment.

Are you unable to operate the preamp without the remote control, or is it a matter of convenience, saving you having to get up and down?
    Barry

I'm Rich.

Hi Russell, welcome back, I hope you have a speedy and full recovery. That sounds like quite a procedure.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Dennis.

That sounds very severe, and here I was feeling sorry for myself after heart failure last August, followed by a prostate cancer diagnosis, diabetes, and kidney problems, all revealed in one consultation.

Got rid of the diabetes, heart stopped and re-started and arythymia sorted, on estrogens and developing tits, and back to bodybuilding. Tough getting old eh?

But I think I brought all of my troubles on myself with depression.
    I remember thinking in April last year, and I largely share Marco's values, 'there is nothing for me here' - the world can be cruel to a pleasant, decent, but unconformist and heretical person.

Fortunately my fitness and work have restored my enlarged heart to relatively normal, as is also its ejection factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    That sounds very severe, and here I was feeling sorry for myself after heart failure last August, followed by a prostate cancer diagnosis, diabetes, and kidney problems, all revealed in one consultation.

Got rid of the diabetes, heart stopped and re-started and arythymia sorted, on estrogens and developing tits, and back to bodybuilding. Tough getting old eh?

But I think I brought all of my troubles on myself with depression.
    I remember thinking in April last year, and I largely share Marco's values, 'there is nothing for me here' - the world can be cruel to a pleasant, decent, but unconformist and heretical person.

Fortunately my fitness and work have restored my enlarged heart to relatively normal, as is also its ejection factor.
    How did you 'get rid of the diabetes' Dennis? Was it through a change in diet?

I can at times suffer from mild depression or melancholia, but I have never contemplated suicide and never will. You just leave a mess for others to sort out, which is just selfish.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    It’s nice to be back! In my conspicuous absence I’ve been recovering from surgery! It was far more serious than I was lead to believe before hand. I went in for some hernia repair, and came out with some 148 staples in my belly. Top to bottom, side to side, from my rib cage to as far south as possible!

It seems that I had put the repair off so long, that my stomach muscles had atrophied away. So! Now I have mesh holding my entire guts in, and the mesh is strapped to my back muscles! The strangest thing, once I got home, it seemed that I was taller? All my tables seemed shorter, etc. then the other day I stood in front of my bathroom mirror, and in my reflection it was cutting the top of my head off! Damnit! I actually am taller?? How the hell? It seems that by strapping this mesh to my back muscles has pulled my spine into alignment? Or so the doctor speculates.

As I lie in the hospital, many doctors came by to see me, at least 15 of them said they were in the operating room during surgery! It must have been standing room only! One doctor said they juggled my guts over their heads before putting them back in. I’d have thought he was kidding, but then again it really does feel like it! I think he was serious.

So I am just over 3 weeks since surgery, and I really question whether I needed this surgery or not? I could have gone the rest of my life wearing a truss, or I could have pushed my guts around in a small wheelbarrow? One thing is certain, it’s the last time. No matter what may come loose in the future, it will stay that way, this has been more than overwhelming, and do you know they have prescribed me nothing for pain! Due to the fake Opioid Epidemic that the government in the US is on about, I received no pain medication over what I was taking before I went in. Is that insane? Did I miss something? So I declare, never again! What’s done is done, but in hind sight I wonder if this will ever be worth it? At this point I still have swelling, and am enjoying a soft GI diet.

And the worst part of all my be, the remote control for my preamp stopped working two days before surgery. So I’ve been watching the boob tube instead of enjoying my stereo, hopefully this week I’ll be able to get up and down and flip records again! It’s good to see that the conversation has remained in the gutter in my absence. The trick to sex in a hammock I believe are rough seas! You need a little motion of the ocean to help things along.

Russell
    Welcome back Russell, glad you are on the mend. One question - what does a soft GI diet comprise and how does it differ to what they feed to Marines?

Re. the hammock hanky panky - I think the problem would be largely one of access, what with the "curtains" being pretty much drawn. Unless the receptacle is of Wizard's sleeve proportions
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Steve, you have a PM. Please reply. ASAP - ta!

Russell, really sorry to hear of your recent ordeal and hope you're now in an altogether better place, my friend

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Welcome back Russell, glad you are on the mend. One question - what does a soft GI diet comprise and how does it differ to what they feed to Marines?

Re. the hammock hanky panky - I think the problem would be largely one of access, what with the "curtains" being pretty much drawn. Unless the receptacle is of Wizard's sleeve proportions
    GI in Gastrointestinal i think; usually low fibre
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread