+ Reply to Thread
Page 1036 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 36536936986102610341035103610371038104610861136 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,360 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Mike.

Starbucks is hideous, Costa is slightly better, but the food is shite. For good cofffee you need the independents, and some of those get it wrong. Thing I hate about coffee shops these days - in Brighton anyway, is there'a always some tosser with a laptop sat next to you tapping away. In fact many of Brighton's coffee shops are just rows of single tables with beanie hatted middle class clones sat at each table with screens in front of them, more like a work place than somewhere to wind down. I was thinking of opening a cafe called 'No Wifi'! Personally I prefer the atmosphere of the traditional British tearoom, and frequent Sussex's finest, and avoid the bogus ones. Nothing gets me more riled than a chocolate brownie, I'm a hardore victoria sandwich aficionado.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Spent a year living in a bed-sit in Herne Bay, whilst I was doing a doctorate at UKC. I always like seaside places that have seen better days: got the impression it was a bit of a down market retirement location.
    Wot u a doctor of?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Starbucks is hideous, Costa is slightly better, but the food is shite. For good cofffee you need the independents, and some of those get it wrong. Thing I hate about coffee shops these days - in Brighton anyway, is there'a always some tosser with a laptop sat next to you tapping away. In fact many of Brighton's coffee shops are just rows of single tables with beanie hatted middle class clones sat at each table with screens in front of them, more like a work place than somewhere to wind down. I was thinking of opening a cafe called 'No Wifi'! Personally I prefer the atmosphere of the traditional British tearoom, and frequent Sussex's finest, and avoid the bogus ones. Nothing gets me more riled than a chocolate brownie, I'm a hardore victoria sandwich aficionado.
    Me and Mrs. P were in a traditional British tearoom in Hawkshead earlier this week, where there were 3 other couples seated. That was 6 smartphones on the go, with no one speaking to each other. Apart from us, we were commenting loudly enough on the demise of proper conversation, but nobody listened nor cared.

And they were all sixty-somethings, not kids.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    6 smartphones on the go, with no one speaking to each other.
    I don't carry one and I still don't speak to anybody (unless I have to ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

got one and carry it like a gun lol.. but i rarely draw it in anger
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

everyone I pass on the way to work and on the way home is either talking on their phone or looking at it.

Who wants to have a chat on the phone at 0730 in the morning? And what do they talk about? Do they ever run out of things to talk about?

It looks like a living hell to me.

My father always used to say 'The telephone is only to be used for emergencies and important messages.' Of course in those days it was the rip-off GPO/BT monopoly, none of this unlimited call time you can buy now.

We were always fascinated by American teen movies where they would have their own phone in their bedroom and spend hours on it. That was inconceivable to us.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Not a fan of talking on my mobile, but better that than texting. What winds me up is when someone texts me about something that requires a lengthy reply, so I phone them back, and they don't bloody answer

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Me and Mrs. P were in a traditional British tearoom in Hawkshead earlier this week, where there were 3 other couples seated. That was 6 smartphones on the go, with no one speaking to each other. Apart from us, we were commenting loudly enough on the demise of proper conversation, but nobody listened nor cared.

And they were all sixty-somethings, not kids.
    A sad state of affairs.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's the numpties who walk down the road, using their phone (either talking, reading texts, or playing games) and not looking where they are going that get me.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Come on Marco, I can see you lurking there, pop in and say hello

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread