+ Reply to Thread
Page 927 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 4278278779179259269279289299379771027 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,270 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I remember it was touted as providing added insulation, which I guess is true and many liked the aesthetics (I didn't). A problem is that all those joints simply won't remain watertight and moisture gets trapped, leading to frost lifting the tiles loose eventually. This can also cause internal damp.
    A few houses here they like to put smooth render on. It starts peeling, discolouring and cracking off almost straight away. Probably because it's so cold and wet most of the year. Looks terrible.

They just stripped it off a place down the road and you can see why they put it on to begin with as the bricks underneath are just crumbling away. Whole front will need rebuilding. I bet someone bought it cheap, slapped the render on to pretty it up a bit, and then flipped it.

Those houses are older than mine though, I think they are from about 1880 and they're worn out. Built with the cheapest bricks and no proper foundations.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Chorley FM round your way isn't it?

Yep that's us, as is this:

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    A few houses here they like to put smooth render on. It starts peeling, discolouring and cracking off almost straight away. Probably because it's so cold and wet most of the year. Looks terrible.

They just stripped it off a place down the road and you can see why they put it on to begin with as the bricks underneath are just crumbling away. Whole front will need rebuilding. I bet someone bought it cheap, slapped the render on to pretty it up a bit, and then flipped it.

Those houses are older than mine though, I think they are from about 1880 and they're worn out. Built with the cheapest bricks and no proper foundations.
    Most of the older houses up here use Accrington brick (rock hard, smooth, and tight mortar joints). Probably just for show, they never use them at the back - always cheap crap bricks there.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Most of the older houses up here use Accrington brick (rock hard, smooth, and tight mortar joints). Probably just for show, they never use them at the back - always cheap crap bricks there.
    blackpool tower was built on those nori bricks. real engineering brick a bit like the refractory brick we made. really hard pressed and hot fired. sharp edges too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    blackpool tower was built on those nori bricks. real engineering brick a bit like the refractory brick we made. really hard pressed and hot fired. sharp edges too.
    Shows how long I've been out of the game, I'd forgotten about engineering bricks (and ciment fondu). We used enough of them for carriageway manhole repairs, even for the occasional new chamber. I guess everything now will be strictly concrete or plastic unless it's heritage work like Victorian sewers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

this is a 'nice' one

not a big lover of that red brick but its way better than that cladding
    Was that the Duckworth's house in Corrie? I used to watch it with my mum I remember them getting it, very amusing at the time. Beaten by Reg Holdsworth's leaking water bed above the Kabin shop though.

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm guy.

I really miss the old style Coronation street - touches of comedy/farce.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

this is a 'nice' one

not a big lover of that red brick but its way better than that cladding
    There should be a law against that sort of thing! Also what gives them the right to paint the down pipe blue? - it's not on their side.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There should be a law against that sort of thing!
    Nothing that a well swung demolition ball couldn't sort!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread