+ Reply to Thread
Page 517 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 174174675075155165175185195275676171017 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    me too.. i often buy dearer stuff coz its usually better... lifes too short to get shite if you dont have to... like whisky, i could but cheap stuff or i can buy good stuff that costs 2 or 3 times more...
    Yes I agree, don't see the point in penny-pinching for the sake of it. Had to do it when I was poor of course. I'll only buy the cheap stuff if I really can't tell the difference.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    As far as supermarket shopping goes, I tend to get mostly 'own brand' stuff, unless there's a good offer on, and for 'generic' stuff like kitchen foil, I get the most basic. We stocked up on Kenco coffee about six months ago (reduced from £6 to £4 at Sainsbury's), and we're still working our way through it!
    No worries. Well, in terms of makes of things, with us, it's pretty much an unknown quantity until we get there, and usually ends up being just what we fancy!

"Offers" rarely interest us [we're not tight-wads like you, lol], unless it's something we really like and use a lot of, which doesn't apply to much, as we get bored buying the same things... We like to experiment by trying new things and alternate what we buy. Creatures of habit we're not!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I just buy stuff that I like. Does anyone do any differently?
    You're somewhat a creature of habit though, no?

And if so, you'll be predisposed to largely buying the same things all the time, and so indirectly displaying a form of 'brand loyalty'.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

arn't we all, to a point tho.. you probably shop in same places.. lidl, family butcher etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You're a bit of a creature of habit though, are you not?

And if so, you'll be predisposed to largely buying the same things all the time, and so indirectly displaying a form of 'brand loyalty', no?

Marco.
    if there's nothing else to go on or I can't be arsed to research it then I'll buy a brand that I generally rate. For example I had Sony cellphones for a long time as I've no real interest in cellphones but I reckon Sony are a reliable brand and that's my only concern with a phone. So that is a sort of brand loyalty but also based on some personal experience. I bought a Sony A/V amp for the same reason. And a Sony telly.

Although my latest telly is an LG and I just got a Samsung phone, with the telly that was based on what was going cheap as a bin-end though. With the phone it was because it was only an extra £2 a month on the contract instead of an extra £15 or something for an iPhone thing.

Otherwise if I had to name a brand I am 'loyal' to in any serious way I don't think I could.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

arn't we all, to a point tho.. you probably shop in same places.. lidl, family butcher etc
    Yes, but that's not brands. That's what I'm referring to, in terms of being a 'creature of habit'. In terms of brand-named goods, or even non-branded ones (i.e supermarket own), we rarely buy the same things twice, and if we do, it's probably pure coincidence!

Anyway, just had a ruby delivered, so gonna scoff that now

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Same thing in long run. Brand loyalty, shop loyalty etc. I buy good stuff if I can afford it. It it stops being good stuff then I stop buying it.. Same with shops
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Same thing in long run. Brand loyalty, shop loyalty etc.
    Not really, as my point was mainly about brand loyalty, which is something that's generally more of a deliberate choice. Most folk, including us, tend to shop most often at the supermarket nearest to where they live, not through any sense of 'loyalty' to a specific one.

The reason we're using Lidl now more than ever (as opposed to Asda, which is nearer) is because of the queues caused by social distancing at all the 'majors' [Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, etc], which are virtually absent in Lidl or Aldi. If we see a huge queue outside of *any* of them, then we bolt and come back later when it's quieter.

Yes, we like the produce and products sold in the two German stores, for reasons you know well, but we don't shop there through any sense of 'loyalty', or out of habit either. In normal times, we like to vary where we buy our food, so we have access to a much wider choice of goods, including trips to local farm shops.

In that respect, we normally pop to the Waitrose in Chester at least once a month, but that's over 10 miles away, so currently a no-no, and also used to go to M&S in Wrexham at least once a week, including regular trips to Asda and Sainsbury's [occasionally Morrisons], but haven't bothered as with the current situation, in terms of supermarkets, we're restricting ourselves to a 'one-stop shop'.

Honestly, mate, our shopping habits are based almost entirely on our mood, on the spur of the moment

No creatures of habit here!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Dont have a waitrose here. Have the rest tho. I'm inclined to shop where I fancy. Well, before the shit..
    Been getting frozen stuff mostly, and will keep a lot of it going when it changes.
    The Italian stuff, I will likely use again too.
    M and S I like, the sainsbury's I guess, but no loyalty personally.
    They do stuff I like tho so use them while they do
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Fairy muff

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread