+ Reply to Thread
Page 423 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Oh yes, just as likely, ie not at all likely. We can choose to go through life avoiding this stuff for fear of being "profiled", or just not give a shit and just carry on. I choose the latter, and when it eventually bites me on the arse I'll come on here for a good old moan, and you'll all get to say "Well we did warn you"
    Yes Steve , I am very like you , go with it . I never wanted to download Whatsapp either , but my son and daughter use it all the time , so I go with the flow !!!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The old one or the new one?
    There's a new one?????
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Anto.

Hmm, I'll look into that one - we have one Echo and two Dots!

Kitchen one is connected to a Bluetooth speaker, and first thing I do, before putting the kettle on or feeding the cat, is to tell Alexa to play radio 2. Tbh, I was fine just switching on the radio. Another Dot is connected to my Amptastic Mini one into some Celestion 5's, and is plenty good enough for "discovery" or hoovering music. The big Alexa is in grandkid's bedroom and only plays "Disney lullabies".

Not worried about them eavesdropping, my life really isn't that interesting.
    How long have you had them Steve ? I only know about watching what they charge , from reading an Echo Dot review ,where a chap warns about this. If you go into Amazon Music Unlimited FAQ , it mentions the single device plan is 3.99. That means if you have 3 you must be paying more for Amazon Music Unlimited , 9.99 or 14.99 a month!
    Of course if you just want to stream Spotify or something else - you can and not use Amazon Music .

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I bet you're just as likely to be profiled by typing those words on a public forum.
    Maybe not from here, but it is amazing how the ads on Facebook etc. get personalised from your browsing history. Do I care? Nope, would rather see ads personalised to my tastes than things I'm not interested in. Still can't understand why all I see is adverts for double-ended dildos though?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

All I get is ads for jobs as a mercenary soldier and discount munitions offers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't forget to send me a postcard from Gitmo!
    No doubt they'll have a good selection of "Wish you were here (instead of me)" cards.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Maybe not from here, but it is amazing how the ads on Facebook etc. get personalised from your browsing history. Do I care? Nope, would rather see ads personalised to my tastes than things I'm not interested in. Still can't understand why all I see is adverts for double-ended dildos though?
    We can understand it, we've heard the rumours Two-for-one offer!

I wonder if they do six-way versions (for those special parties), they would look like giant rubber versions of those "Jacks" games you could buy as a kid.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    How long have you had them Steve ? I only know about watching what they charge , from reading an Echo Dot review ,where a chap warns about this. If you go into Amazon Music Unlimited FAQ , it mentions the single device plan is 3.99. That means if you have 3 you must be paying more for Amazon Music Unlimited , 9.99 or 14.99 a month!
    Of course if you just want to stream Spotify or something else - you can and not use Amazon Music .
    Not sure exactly how long we've had them Anto, I seem to remember us getting them around Christmastime, two and a half years ago. I'm sure we have Amazon Prime Unlimited, but Anita deals with all that. I'll ask her later, because I'm curious now.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Anto.

Not sure exactly how long we've had them Anto, I seem to remember us getting them around Christmastime, two and a half years ago. I'm sure we have Amazon Prime Unlimited, but Anita deals with all that. I'll ask her later, because I'm curious now.
    Thats it then . I think they alllow you to have as many as you want with Prime unlimited !! I dont mind paying ,its just finding what suits you at a price you feel happy with !!

I'm Geoff.

Keep an eye out for shooting stars if the skies are clear from Sunday to Tuesday, the Perseids are due.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ng-stars-hour/
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread