+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    Bit Nerdy, But the Mars Lander lands today, hope it all goes well, I along with 2,4 Million people have there names on a microchip implanted on the lander.

https://mars.nasa.gov/news/8287/more...f+mars20181119

https://mars.nasa.gov/participate/se...f+mars20181119

Anyone else have there name on it?
    Is that what they're calling it, the Mars Lander? Nowt wrong with a bit of optimism I suppose. Personally I would go with "Mars Approacher" until it happens. It's a shame I won't live long enough to see us inhabit the place. I would like to open its first pub. I would call it "The Mars Bar".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Seriously Paul, that looks like a nice idea - would no doubt help with funding the mission, and get people more involved in it. Was it expensive? On a slightly related note, C4 is airing an eight-part series called "The First", about a mission to Mars. If you've not seen it, it's definitely worth a watch. One of the few things on telly that me and Mrs. P are both enjoying.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Is that what they're calling it, the Mars Lander? Nowt wrong with a bit of optimism I suppose. Personally I would go with "Mars Approacher" until it happens. It's a shame I won't live long enough to see us inhabit the place. I would like to open its first pub. I would call it "The Mars Bar".
    There's a new hairdessers opened near us. Part of it is called 'The Colour Bar', which for people of my generation sounds vaguely racist, though it's presumably just somewhere you get your hair dyed.

I'm joe.

Bit Nerdy, But the Mars Lander lands today, hope it all goes well, I along with 2,4 Million people have there names on a microchip implanted on the lander.

https://mars.nasa.gov/news/8287/more...f+mars20181119

https://mars.nasa.gov/participate/se...f+mars20181119

Anyone else have there name on it?
    If someone called Joe has had their name implanted, yes. Unless the chip is discovered and decoded by angry Martians who will then seek out and exterminate all those named, in which case, no.

I'm Russell.

Business at the Pub on Mars might be a little slow these days? Perhaps a nice pub in orbit makes more sense? Within space-walking distance of the international Space Station. There are always 4 or 5 patrons hanging out near by.

Russell

I'm Steve.

Due to the whole weightlessness thing, they would only serve light beers.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Paul.

Seriously Paul, that looks like a nice idea - would no doubt help with funding the mission, and get people more involved in it. Was it expensive? On a slightly related note, C4 is airing an eight-part series called "The First", about a mission to Mars. If you've not seen it, it's definitely worth a watch. One of the few things on telly that me and Mrs. P are both enjoying.
    It cost nothing you just to register on the NASA website, Good for the kids to get intertested and it really was quite impresive the scince and tech involved.
    Thanks for the heads up on the C4 prog.

Due to the whole weightlessness thing, they would only serve light beers.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    If someone called Joe has had their name implanted, yes. Unless the chip is discovered and decoded by angry Martians who will then seek out and exterminate all those named, in which case, no.

I better be careful then as there are only two people on this planet with my surname, the other being my son, perhaps we should consider changing it to Smith.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Steve.

I better be careful then as there are only two people on this planet with my surname, the other being my son, perhaps we should consider changing it to Smith.
    I suppose Geekyhifilovingplanetbotherer isn't the kind of surname that a future bride would aspire to Only kidding Paul - now I've seen it in print I'm considering deed poll!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Ian.

If you're going to open the Mars Bar Steve then you'd need a decent takeaway nearby for the drunken walk home. I'd find it very hard to resist a Space Kebab or Stellar Burger
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread