+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461861 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Well my anklet is very discreet and quite pretty I think and certainly doesn’t make any noise so it’s not going to give any ‘advanced notice’

I know exactly why you like thumb rings Steve but I won’t post about that either

As I’m single I don’t see anything wrong texting for a bit of fun
    You could attach some bells to it, like the ones they put on cat collars. We need an audible 'heads up' (forgive the pun) so we can prepare for your arrival. I was actually thinking of really chunky anklets as they do have a practical purpose, but you really need one for each foot, with small carabina clips fitted for easy attachment to the bedposts
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Who's saying it's wrong now?

I hate texts personally, never use them unless I have to. Sexts I have no experience of.
    Totally agree. Texts do my head in, I just can't be arsed replying to them. If someone texts me, I usually call them back, and when they don't answer their phone (happens a lot) they then go to the top of my shit list

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Totally agree. Texts do my head in, I just can't be arsed replying to them. If someone texts me, I usually call them back, and when they don't answer their phone (happens a lot) they then go to the top of my shit list
    That is the correct response. However my partner (who incidentally also wears an ankle chain) will send me texts when she is abroad, for the simple reason because Whats App is free.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Whats app is good that way, I mostly use it to send pictures.

Last month I did some work for this Asian guy who used Whats app for calls. When he first called me, my phone did a different ringtone for some reason, and thinking it was someone else's phone ringing, missed the call. He must have accidentally put me on a 'friends and family' group chat of some sort - he is Hindu, and this last fortnight I've had two anti-muslim videos land on my phone.

I really should have a word with him, I don't want any part of this. But I've been hesitant as he is a bit odd.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - I don't get any, so they don't get a chance to do my head in!

I've got a 20-year old 'gas powered' Pay-As-You-Go mobile phone, which is mostly switched off, and only used in the car when I drive long or long(ish) distances, just in case I should need to phone the RAC or someone else while I'm out, and I spend around £30 a year on credit, most of which isn't used.

If folks want to contact me, I'm usually instantly available, via landline phone [yes, remember that?] or email - or PM on here.

Marco [refuses to be a smartphone zombie, Apple or otherwise].
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - I don't get any, so they don't get a chance to do my head in!

I've got a 20-year old 'gas powered' Pay-As-You-Go mobile phone, which is mostly switched off, and only used in the car when I drive long or long(ish) distances, just in case I should need to phone the RAC or someone else while I'm out, and I spend around £30 a year on credit, most of which isn't used.

If folks want to contact me, I'm usually instantly available, via landline phone [yes, remember that?] or email - or PM on here.

Marco [refuses to be a smartphone zombie, Apple or otherwise].
    Gas powered phone? So if you keep it in your back pocket it would be pretty much 'self charging'

I think your view of smartphones is a bit black & white though. A smartphone user isn't necessarily a zombie (although many are). The world could cope without mobile phones, of course it could, in the same way that mankind has managed for all but the last few decades without computers, TV, hifi, cars and cancer treatments. But just because we can doesn't mean we should.

I'm the world's worst with tech (no really, I am!) but I like to be reachable when I'm not in the office, which is often, as I don't have an office), and I find some apps (sat nav, weather forecast, sending photos) quite handy. And when you don't want to use it you can always turn it off.

I seem to have done something to this keyboard, probably hitting an 'F' key with my sausage-fingers, now when I try to correct something it simultaneously deletes the following character. So this post has taken me half an hour now. Don't you just love technology?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm joe.

Last month I did some work for this Asian guy who used Whats app for calls. When he first called me, my phone did a different ringtone for some reason, and thinking it was someone else's phone ringing, missed the call. He must have accidentally put me on a 'friends and family' group chat of some sort - he is Hindu, and this last fortnight I've had two anti-muslim videos land on my phone.
    More boringly, I re-charged my basic mobile phone the other day. The only texts I usually get are from O2, offering me something I never bother to read about. This time, there was an increasingly frenetic series of texts from a couple of days ago, presumably sent to the wrong number, from someone stuck at work unexpectedly. The lack of response generated more texts, culminating in one saying 'Sod it, I'll call you on your land-line'.

Gas powered phone? So if you keep it in your back pocket it would be pretty much 'self charging'

I think your view of smartphones is a bit black & white though. A smartphone user isn't necessarily a zombie (although many are). The world could cope without mobile phones, of course it could, in the same way that mankind has managed for all but the last few decades without computers, TV, hifi, cars and cancer treatments. But just because we can doesn't mean we should.

I'm the world's worst with tech (no really, I am!) but I like to be reachable when I'm not in the office, which is often, as I don't have an office), and I find some apps (sat nav, weather forecast, sending photos) quite handy. And when you don't want to use it you can always turn it off.

I seem to have done something to this keyboard, probably hitting an 'F' key with my sausage-fingers, now when I try to correct something it simultaneously deletes the following character. So this post has taken me half an hour now. Don't you just love technology?
    Lol...!

My comment about smartphones was largely tongue-in-cheek, as I realise that some folk can use them healthily/responsibly, rather than let them rule their lives, and of course if you're out and about a lot with your job, as you are, then one is essential.

I simply don't need one, unless I succumb to using it for playing tunes in the car, which could happen as I'd consider that as a valid use of technology, but otherwise, no. Customers can phone my landline, as can friends and family, or they can email me. Therefore, as I said, texts are rather something I have to bother with.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The only texts I usually get are from O2, offering me something I never bother to read about. This time, there was an increasingly frenetic series of texts from a couple of days ago, presumably sent to the wrong number, from someone stuck at work unexpectedly. The lack of response generated more texts, culminating in one saying 'Sod it, I'll call you on your land-line'.
    Haha... You're like me in that respect, Joe, mobile phones are simply an unnecessary distraction. The last bit is funny because people today have become so conditioned to communicating via text or email, that the good old-fashioned LANDLINE PHONE is largely a forgotten entity!

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a proper conversation with someone on a phone (mobile or landline), than typing messages to them on a keyboard, as it's a much more 'real'/human experience. Emails are ok, using a proper computer (PC or laptop), as you've got access to a decent-sized screen and keyboard, but fiddling around with the tiny screens and keypads on mobile phones is in comparison a total ballache, especially when there's a fair amount you want to say...

And the thought of posting on forums, via a bloody smartphone, also fills me with dread... The predictive text function, for starters, and how it fucks up the spelling of words, and the typos it causes, would make me want to smash the bloody thing against a wall!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I used the landline less and less and when it went faulty a few months ago I just binned it

Not having a landline has also stopped a lot of nuisance calls
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread