+ Reply to Thread
Page 820 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 320720770810818819820821822830870920 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no its not right but its commonplace, and for various reasons, although its mostly to protect the guilty, it also protects some innocents.
    its a dirty old world and always has been. money and power drive many folk to get others to do their dirty for them by telling them its for their country etc... many do it coz they are animals.
    Indeed, but I wonder why nothing's ever been done about it and the perpetrators EXPOSED for what they are/were, and suitably punished? The wrong doings just seem to keep happening again and again, and again, with corruption defeating honesty and integrity...

I just wish, for a change, someone 'in high places', with the wealth and power to tackle it and make a change for the GOOD, and *eradicate* the problem at source, would do so. If I was in that position, I'd make it my life's ambition and take great pleasure in watching the (previously mighty) fall!

Honestly, If I had the ability, I wouldn't hesitate.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Britain's record as colonial power is not spotless but is far better than any other country's.
    Well, that's a bit like saying Britain's record as a nation of paedophiles is not spotless, but far better than any other country's. The latter does not excuse or justify the former.

In any case, the problem was with the existence of 'colonial power'. It should never have been allowed to happen in the first place. That sort of dictatorial, fascist mentality simply isn't compatible with a free and equal society - which is how things SHOULD be.

It's the reason why there are so many problems indirectly associated with it now (such as football hooliganism), and especially with Brits (read mostly as English) who still live in the past, and because of their colonial history, think that they're somehow 'superior' to everyone else.

THAT shit needs sorting out badly!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, that's a bit like saying Britain's record as a nation of paedophiles is not spotless, but far better than any other country's. The latter does not excuse or justify the former.

In any case, the problem was with the existence of 'colonial power'. It should never have been allowed to happen in the first place, and indeed is the reason why there are so many problems indirectly associated with that now (such as football hooliganism), and especially with Brits (read mostly as English) who still live in the past, and because of their colonial history, think that they're somehow 'superior' to everyone else.

THAT shit needs sorting out badly!

Marco.
    'The past is another country, they do things differently there'

The problem is history is not taught anymore, or when it is it is some lefty, mickey mouse version where the British are bad and everyone else is good. Sadly you get a lot of lefties who buy into that and propagate it, and ignorant people think it must be true.

This is the re-writing of history that sensible people object to.

Personally I'd have the damn liars horsewhipped and deported, see how they like it in some real shithole, give them some perspective on how lucky they were to be born British.

In a nutshell the countries of Europe were fighting each other for almost two thousand years. If one country was able to control and exploit countries outside of Europe it would give them an advantage in the European theatre. Consequently UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Holland all aggressively pursued colonial expansion, mostly in East Asia and in Africa.

Since the British had the biggest - and best - Navy and a professional army they tended to do better at that than the others. By about 1850 we had started to believe our own press, consequently you get the jingoism associated with the later Victorian period.

After the First World War that attitude started to wane and after WW2 it had pretty much evaporated, probably because that was the first war where everyone got a taste of how bad war was, not just the blokes at the sharp end.

There's no real connection with football violence which is endemic to all countries. Find some foreign football supporters, tell them what a crock of shit their country is, see how they react.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Firstly, no-one's saying that anyone's country is a "crock of shit", but if some aspects of its history are unsavoury (as after all NO country is perfect) then you should have the grace to acknowledge it, or indeed condemn it, without taking umbrage at someone else pointing it out. And if you can't do that, then that says more about YOU than them.

Being able to see no wrong in either your country or YOU is not a healthy or constructive trait. I don't get my knickers in a twist when someone justifiably condemns the awful things Mussolini did, so the same should apply with Brits and Churchill, who in many ways was no 'angel'.

Secondly, and I know you disagree, so we'll simply have to strongly differ on this matter, but I believe that ENGLISH football hooliganism is intrinsically linked with Britain's colonial past and the *ruling* of other nations.

It's bred the sense of superiority and 'right' to win everything some England supporters have, especially those most prone to jingoism, and which is why, as we seen recently at the final of the Euros, they reacted so badly and behaved like utter hooligans, even subjecting their OWN players to the most appalling racist abuse, simply because they believed that 'because it was England', their team had some God-given right to be champions.

That's a big problem, and certainly one that, say, Scotland doesn't have, regardless of how crap their team is, simply because their supporters don't have an inflated false sense of superiority, due to their country having once been used to ruling people!

Thirdly, as you've outlined historically, the problem has always been WARS! Why do we always have to fight one another, rather than trying to get on in peace? And most importantly, why can we never simply be happy with what we've got, when often (in the case of the obscenely rich kings and queens or 'powers that be' responsible for starting those wars) that was rather A LOT? Why do they always want MORE...??

What if the lives of all those who fought in said wars had been spared, and the blood sweat and tears, not to mention COLLOSIAL fortunes spent, used for the purpose of good instead of evil? Wouldn't the world today be a much better place?

It's the greed for gold, along with power and control (and now misuse of technology) by the authorities, which will eventually lead to the ruination and end of mankind - and that reality moves ever closer the longer we, the people, continue to just sit back and allow the scumbags in the GROSS MINORITY (as that's what they are) to dictate the agenda and rule our lives.. The time may soon be approaching for a long overdue revolution!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Thirdly, as you've outlined historically, the problem has always been WARS! Why do we always have to fight one another, rather than trying to get on in peace?.
    Because we're just a species of ape and the ultimate authority is violence.

BTW the on-line racial abuse against the England players was agent provocateurs, most of it originated overseas. That wasn't England fans abusing their own players.
    Current Lash Up:

Mmm... Do you have *indisputable* proof of that? I don't believe it for a second, at least all of them. Sounds to me more like conveniently shifting the blame to save the faces of some England supporters responsible, and the blushes of their nation!

Plus, you have to ask yourself what the motivation of said 'agent provocateurs' would be... Could it be that England supporters are among the most hated by others, for justifiable reasons? No-one likes arrogant buffoons, devoid of humility. We've been here before

In terms of the first bit, then it's about time that the 'species of ape' we put into positions of most power were more intelligent and prone to being pacifists, not warmongers!!

Marco,
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Always reminds me of the line in The African Queen.

Charlie Allnut: Its just human nature miss.
    Rose Sayer: "Nature,? Mr. Allnut, is what we are put into this world to rise above.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol - I like it!

And the sooner we abandon 'The Peter Principle', and the promotion to the top of total idiots (such as allowing balloons like BJ-boy to become prime minister), and stop the woke PC brigade from taking over, the sooner we'll be able to achieve what Sayer said!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Mmm... Do you have *indisputable* proof of that? I don't believe it for a second, at least all of them. Sounds to me more like conveniently shifting the blame to save the faces of some England supporters responsible, and the blushes of their nation!

Plus, you have to ask yourself what the motivation of said "agent provocateurs" would be... Could it be that England supporters are among the most hated by others, for justifiable reasons? No-one likes arrogant buffoons, devoid of humility. We've been here before

In terms of the first bit, then it's about time that the 'species of ape' we put into positions of most power were more intelligent and prone to being pacifists, not warmongers!!

Marco,
    My recollection was that the authorities traced a fair number of the people responsible and they were all overseas. There are plenty of people out there with the motivation to stir up racial hatred for political purposes, that has been going on for decades. Usually Trots or Marxists or some other form of Communist. Black Lives Matter is a recent example of that.

The idea is to foment unrest that will lead to revolution after which they will step in to take charge. The end very much justifies the means for those sort of people.
    Current Lash Up:

Sure, and that may have been partly what happened, but you only had to watch the disgraceful footage (all over the news and social media) showing scum, wearing England shirts, clearly with English accents, causing mayhem and kicking innocent Italian supporters senseless they'd pulled to the ground, to realise that it wasn't just 'agent provocateurs' responsible for some of the worst scenes of hooliganism ever witnessed at a football match, but ENGLISH YOBS, posing as 'supporters!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread