+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1632

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Talking of parking...I would like to go back to Battersea and have a drive around and stop at places that I knew until I left in 1976, however you can't park anywhere in residential roads without a permit...and even if you visit you have to have a permit obtained by one of the householders who have to supply documentation dating back to the Magna Carta
    You can use google streetview to wander around your old haunts. I do that sometimes.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You can use google streetview to wander around your old haunts. I do that sometimes.
    yup, i go my hols with that and google earth sad i know
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Geoff.

I wonder if Alan (Firebottle) has seen this. !!

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/...-in-wiltshire/

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Have you noticed that as areas 'evolve', trees disappear. Most front gardens around here used to have a decent sized tree or two. All gone now and block paving laid for parking.
    The last tree disappeared from a neighbouring cul de sac about 10 years ago - now virtually every garden there has been dug up to make way for a hard standing. The grass verges are vanishing as well.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Alan.

I wonder if Alan (Firebottle) has seen this. !!

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/...-in-wiltshire/
    Yes I have seen it. Happened to me in France the one time but there were a pair of them

I'm Geoff.

This is going to cause trouble. I think Spain have made a big mistake.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-05-30/a...sted-in-spain/

I'm Martin.

This is going to cause trouble. I think Spain have made a big mistake.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-05-30/a...sted-in-spain/
    He made a big mistake taking on the Russians in the first place. Those boys play for keeps. I know he lost a few quid but he should have chalked that up to experience. He's out of his depth now.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Steve.

Just been sat out in the garden watching the bats. Missus thinks I'm a bit mental, being fascinated by these 'ugly little freaks. I think they are another of nature's 'cool dudes', quietly getting on with it. Perfectly evolved to their chosen job.

Unlike humans, whose evolution has done no more than grow a bigger brain. In fact as the centuries pass, we become more and more suited to staying indoors.

Last summer the cat brought a bat into the house. How the hell she caught it I don't know.
    'I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested'

I'm Steve.

Got up a bit early this morning (like old folks do) to spray some Nippon wasp nest destroying foam at this nest which seems to be inside the soffit by the front door. I gave it a blast for about 10 seconds, then quickly ducked back inside.

I don't have to leave the house for another 3 or 4 hours, hopefully they will have forgiven me by then All the same, I think I'll leave by the back door.
    'I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested'

I'm Alex.

Wow, you were up early, I was listening to LBC at that time.

I used some Nippon stuff to clear a wasps nest many years ago, it worked, no further trouble.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread