+ Reply to Thread
Page 564 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 644645145545625635645655665746146641064 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That is what we use - or The Daily Mail.
    Yeah, that or the "Tory Times', but it's already full of shite!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

It was news to me, but yes they do. They even tell you how to wipe.
    I'll check out the instructions, should be a hoot.

But I think we may stick with the quilted stuff, I like the quietness. Especially first thing when i haven't woken up properly. With the last bog roll she got it sounded like someone sandpapering a sideboard. And not much better when I was using it
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

I think most people's favourite Doctor was the one who was place when they first encountered the series.

I'm old enough to have seen the very first episode of Doctor Who, so I have an admiration for William Hartnell, who played the part as 'world weary' grandparent and exiled Time Lord sentenced to wander about in time and space (though for reasons not explained at the time). His companion was his granddaughter who was abandoned on Earth by the Doctor for her own good, and started the institution of subsequent Doctors picking up waifs and strays (curiously all from planet Earth) to join him in his adventures.

I liked Patrick Troughton who played the part as a sort of cosmic 'hobo'; and whilst I never found the Daleks that scary, I did find the Cybermen creepy.

As mentioned above I never thought much of John Pertwee's tenure as the Doctor and largely stopped watching the series. As such, I saw very little of Tom Baker's stint and none by any of the other subsequent incarnations.

I became hooked again with Russell T Davies's revamped Doctor Who (with much, much better production values) and liked all the Doctors, though I lost interest half way through Matt Smith's tenure as the plots and back stories were becoming increasingly complicated and to my mind unbelievable, only to return with Peter Capaldi's incarnation.

But maybe I'm taking it all too seriously - it's a children's programme after all.
    Almost all of that is exactly how it was for me, apart from the Tom Baker bit, who for me was the best by a country mile. I did return to it when capaldi came on board, but it was more for Jenna Coleman who is very pretty. Not sexy, just pretty. Sexy for me was one called (I think) Peri, whom I was unaware of till someone posted a clip of her in a bikini. God I'm such a perv!

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Almost all of that is exactly how it was for me, apart from the Tom Baker bit, who for me was the best by a country mile. I did return to it when capaldi came on board, but it was more for Jenna Coleman who is very pretty. Not sexy, just pretty. Sexy for me was one called (I think) Peri, whom I was unaware of till someone posted a clip of her in a bikini. God I'm such a perv!
    Pretty (or cute) can also be sexy, depending on what turns you on, as it were. Cute and girly, petite 'next door' types, with a touch of 'princess syndrome'/attitude/vulnerability/naughtiness, have always been my thing, and so a lot of what is stereotypically considered as 'sexy' by some guys, totally isn't for me!

One thing I DETEST though, are 'butch' women or tomboys.... UGH! Just, no. Ultimately, girls who ooze femininity is what does it for me, and in that respect, many women of Chinese/Malay or Japanese distraction ably embrace that trait, for example, Rachel Khoo:

Cute or what? And she can cook!

Dr Who? I'm with Macca on Pertwee (for reasons he's stated. Who remembers The Autons - scary shop mannequins with guns in their fingers - well fukkin' freaky and the stuff of genuine nightmares), but my fav was Tom Baker.

For me, that was the golden era, as it was smack in the zone when I was old enough to appreciate/follow stories properly, and also they were, IMO, the darkest/scariest, which is what I was always into. Plus, the Dalek episodes with Baker (with Davros, etc) were also the best!

Robots of Death, The Arc in Space and The Brain of Morbius, were the high points for me, for Dr Who - and all Baker.

I no longer watch the series now, as for me it's totally lost its way (gone too Harry Potter-esque, and all 'style over substance', with an over-reliance on entertainment provided by special effects) and what made it unique in the first place. Female Doctors and 'love interests/romances'? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Also, what made the early stuff special. and created the eerie atmosphere synonymous with the best of Dr Who, was the sounds effects provided by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, and the superb work of Delia Derbyshire.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Blakes Seven' though, that was a different matter. I went the distance with that.
    Yeah, defo. That and Space 1999, but *nothing*, simply NOTHING can hold a candle to the one and only UFO!!

Damn straight....

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'll check out the instructions, should be a hoot.

But I think we may stick with the quilted stuff, I like the quietness. Especially first thing when i haven't woken up properly. With the last bog roll she got it sounded like someone sandpapering a sideboard. And not much better when I was using it
    now that's what I call recycling
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Mike.

Qanon, do reptiles really run America? Is Pepperoni really a euphemism for 'nice pink arse'?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm guy.

according to this:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/national...rnment/354496/
    I have reptilian traits
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    now that's what I call recycling
    got me there!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    according to this:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/national...rnment/354496/
    I have reptilian traits
    Hmm. I think my signature covers that .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread