+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528928 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 11744

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

This year's wasps' nest has been in the bungalow's wall cavity, the entrance being an airbrick under our bedroom window (I have on occasion heard them 'snoring' at night, something another member has recently experienced).

But my question is: why have so many of these wasps turned albino? Only seems to have happened in the last couple of weeks, but I'd estimate about one in four of them are now white. Unlikely to be albinism, so might it be diet related, like it used to be with white dog shit in the good old days?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

sounds like diet Steve. probably covered in white pollen so many times its stained them lol. Strange creatures wasps. highly orginised and can be very dangerous. I have a healthy respect but a total dislike of the buggers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sounds like diet Steve. probably covered in white pollen so many times its stained them lol. Strange creatures wasps. highly orginised and can be very dangerous. I have a healthy respect but a total dislike of the buggers
    When I was in Glasgow's West Coast Motorcycles last week, the young lady serving in the café had a wasp fly straight at her face and sting her under the eye for no good reason. You just can't reason with the little shits, and next month when they are all pissed on rotten fruit it'll be even worse

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Anto.

Sorry if its been mentioned before - but dont they frown on killing wsps in the EU , Germany ?? (Cant be bothered to Google it )
    They pollinate too dont they ?
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Anto.

England - Come on in the Ashes
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    When I was in Glasgow's West Coast Motorcycles last week, the young lady serving in the café had a wasp fly straight at her face and sting her under the eye for no good reason. You just can't reason with the little shits, and next month when they are all pissed on rotten fruit it'll be even worse
    aye, if your in line between them and home they attack, ecpecially if you move about.. nasty things. i keep a can of wasp killer handy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    aye, if your in line between them and home they attack, ecpecially if you move about.. nasty things. i keep a can of wasp killer handy
    Thanks for the heads up, our front door is right in their flight path. One did collide with my nose when I was leaving the house last week. And I don't care if the EU frowns on waspicide - whenever I do roofing work during winter and spring, I always uncover a lot of hibernating queens. One dead queen is one less nest (by my calculations) so they all get squashed.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Sorry if its been mentioned before - but dont they frown on killing wsps in the EU , Germany ?? (Cant be bothered to Google it )
    They pollinate too dont they ?
    They also kill a lot of bees, who are excellent pollinators. If we could end wasps there would be more bees, and I'm ok with that

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Congrats on your new 69 baby, Bev! Ride safe and have fun!
    Thanks Alex... I can't wait... like a kid with a new toy

The dealer is contacting me once they have the MSX with a choice of reg's... I think it's going to be HX69... something...

I've been advised to purchase a new helmet as mine was manufactured in 2003 so probably over the recommended 'shelf life'.... it will be another Arai, probably the Chaser X as I love the comfort of Arai's....£350 ish but my head is worth it
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Thanks Alex... I can't wait... like a kid with a new toy

The dealer is contacting me once they have the MSX with a choice of reg's... I think it's going to be HX69... something...

I've been advised to purchase a new helmet as mine was manufactured in 2003 so probably over the recommended 'shelf life'.... it will be another Arai, probably the Chaser X as I love the comfort of Arai's....£350 ish but my head is worth it
    Good head deserves good lid...sorry, I can't help it, impending weekends make my mind mucky

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread