+ Reply to Thread
Page 562 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 624625125525605615625635645726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Well I didn't get to go out last night - I phoned my mate's missus (he doesn't possess a phone) to check if my visiting them is still ok, and she said best not, what with the re-imposed restrictions, as it would be unfair to those abiding by the rules. I thought, well at least it gets me out of taking my power tools along to make this access hole in the floor for them, but no - "You can still do that job for us, as workmen are still allowed into customers' houses". Cheeky cow. But muggins here still went round and did that, because I'm such a soft arse

Still, the upside is that I awoke quite early, not feeling like shit
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Yesterday was not a good day.

From 9.30am till 5pm I was fitting four new windows in the toilets of a business, up on ladders, in a white rendered south-facing wall. Made worse by the staff constantly disrupting my progress by needing the toilet. And not just for number ones Why can't folk do that before they leave the house? I never do a turd during working hours.

Then I had the job of repairing the render, while 15 metres away the beer garden of the pub next door was doing a great trade. Bastards. Anyway I promised myself a cold pint afterwards to motivate myself. And very nice it was too, the only good bit of the day.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yesterday was not a good day.

From 9.30am till 5pm I was fitting four new windows in the toilets of a business, up on ladders, in a white rendered south-facing wall. Made worse by the staff constantly disrupting my progress by needing the toilet. And not just for number ones Why can't folk do that before they leave the house? I never do a turd during working hours.
    You're self employed so there's no benefit. If you're employed by someone else though you should always try to ensure that you take a crap on their dollar. Crapping on your own time is sub-optimal.

And that's before you consider the savings on toilet paper. Someone else cleans the bog afterwards for you, too. More time saved.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You're self employed so there's no benefit. If you're employed by someone else though you should always try to ensure that you take a crap on their dollar. Crapping on your own time is sub-optimal.

And that's before you consider the savings on toilet paper. Someone else cleans the bog afterwards for you, too. More time saved.
    You're absolutely right - when I used to work in a factory I always had my dumps 'on the clock'. So how have you gone on while working at home? Do you get paid expenses for all the bog roll and toilet duck?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

You're absolutely right - when I used to work in a factory I always had my dumps 'on the clock'...
    Is that why it shut down?

Eventually their sewerage system just couldn't cope!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

You're absolutely right - when I used to work in a factory I always had my dumps 'on the clock'. So how have you gone on while working at home? Do you get paid expenses for all the bog roll and toilet duck?
    I am having to buy more bog roll. But I've been told you can claim back £6 a month on tax if you are PAYE and working from home. Which would about cover it. Don't know if that is true though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

I am having to buy more bog roll. But I've been told you can claim back £6 a month on tax if you are PAYE and working from home. Which would about cover it. Don't know if that is true though.
    It would certainly be enough for me. Quick calculation of bog roll use: 1 dump per day, 3 sheets per wipe, 4 wipes, = 12 sheets. So a roll containing 240 sheets (the norm) should last me 20 days.

I do get through a lot of air freshener though, an essential according to Mrs. P

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

{Edit: All posts from this one to No 5634 have been moved from the 'post your cats and dogs thread --- Marco.}:

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    John Pertwee was one of the worse of the Doctors IMO: Earth-bound and chugging around in that silly little car of his, fighting monsters in muddy dis-used quarries. Pathetic!
    IMO THE worst Doctor Who series. Him and whatshisname, the Brigadeer? Can't really remember as I left the show until Tom Baker arrived.

Probably not a popular choice but I thought Patrick Troughton was pretty good, with some decent humour.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

IMO THE worst Doctor Who series. Him and whatshisname, the Brigadeer? Can't really remember as I left the show until Tom Baker arrived.
    It was good because it was mostly on Earth which made it a bit creepier and scarier. If the monsters were on a different planet in a different time period it seemed to me that there was a lot less likelihood of one being under your bed.

The car was a crap idea I give you that. In fact he had two crappy cars in that didn't he? One that was quite futuristic and could fly?

A lot (not all) of the Pertwee stories were good. If they'd had proper special effects instead of 1970s BBC ones they would have been brilliant.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

It was good because it was mostly on Earth which made it a bit creepier and scarier. If the monsters were on a different planet in a different time period it seemed to me that there was a lot less likelihood of one being under your bed.

The car was a crap idea I give you that. In fact he had two crappy cars in that didn't he? One that was quite futuristic and could fly?

A lot (not all) of the Pertwee stories were good. If they'd had proper special effects instead of 1970s BBC ones they would have been brilliant.
    Maybe an age thing. I hit my teens during Pertwee's tenure (1970-74). My balls had just dropped so I had bigger things to be worried about

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread