+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527927 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue was released on 17th August 1959 - it's the 60th anniversary on Saturday! Is this the best Jazz album of all time, as many would suggest? I wouldn't argue against it. Happy birthday Kind of Blue!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Congrats on your new 69 baby, Bev! Ride safe and have fun!
    Thanks Alex... I can't wait
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue was released on 17th August 1959 - it's the 60th anniversary on Saturday! Is this the best Jazz album of all time, as many would suggest? I wouldn't argue against it. Happy birthday Kind of Blue!
    I shall give it a birthday play - I only acquired this a few weeks ago when a minty CD of it appeared at car boot for a quid - sounds great! I have since posted that I would like a vinyl version and asked for opinions on which pressing would be a good choice, as there are so many. The question was met with a wall of silence, not even any crackles
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

If I can find it I will also give it a play... it's a great cd...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I shall give it a birthday play - I only acquired this a few weeks ago when a minty CD of it appeared at car boot for a quid - sounds great! I have since posted that I would like a vinyl version and asked for opinions on which pressing would be a good choice, as there are so many. The question was met with a wall of silence, not even any crackles
    Can't help you with that Steve, as I only have it on CD, but might splurge on a vinyl copy in honour of it getting its bus pass!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Best Jazz album of all time? That's a tall order. All I can say is 1959 was a great year for Jazz: Miles's 'Kind of Blue'; Mingus's 'Ah Um' and The Dave Brubeck Quartet 'Time Out'.

As to 'Kind of Blue' - I think it good enough to have four copies!
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My vinyl version is a copy of CBS 62066, remastered and pressed by Nimbus Records in 1960.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I thought the morning seemed to be going slowly. My blasted wall clock had stopped at 9am.

Sorted with a new battery.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I thought the morning seemed to be going slowly. My blasted wall clock had stopped at 9am.

Sorted with a new battery.
    I think we all take clock batteries for granted. Clocks draw so little power the battery lasts for ages, so we forget about them.

One thing that has always puzzled me is why does the first battery (often supplied with the clock) always last far longer than any subsequent battery. My kitchen clock ran for years on its first battery, as did the bedroon alarm clock.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think we all take clock batteries for granted. Clocks draw so little power the battery lasts for ages, so we forget about them.

One thing that has always puzzled me is why does the first battery (often supplied with the clock) always last far longer than any subsequent battery. My kitchen clock ran for years on its first battery, as did the bedroon alarm clock.
    Perhaps clocks feel their age like the rest of us. I used to have the energy to go all day and then some, these days my batteries are flat by teatime
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread