+ Reply to Thread
Page 560 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 604605105505585595605615625706106601060 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 11746

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It's all relative, of course, and so depends on the individual, but with proper rehabilitation first (and that would be an essential part of the programme I'd introduce), and then if that was successful, the homeless individual in question would be provided with a residence of his or her own, together with food and provisions to survive, until such times as they were able to look after themselves, gain employment, etc, then I couldn't see many saying 'Nah, you're all right mate, I'll stick with my damp, piss-stained sleeping bag outside of McDonalds!'

You need to try and give these people [those who *want* to be helped, and yes I accept that some won't] a PURPOSE in life, and the feeling that they're part of society, rather than alienated from it, largely as a result of having been shat upon from a great height by 'the system' - and if you can achieve that, coupled with better education for the poorest families, on all levels from the ground up, then you can properly make inroads into tackling the homeless situation, and poverty as a whole.

It's a very complex matter, of course, with no guarantees, but I reckon I could have a decent stab at it, if I had the power.

The problem is, no government so far has rolled up their sleeves and *properly tackled* the issue, as they don't give a flying fuck about society's 'down and outs' - they've all always been too focused on making money for the rich or looking after their own selfish best interests, rather than genuinely and fundamentally addressing poverty, and helping the underprivileged and downtrodden in our country enjoy a better life.

And one BIG thing that would help, in that respect (as I've said), is to better educate the poor and create a much fairer and more equal division of wealth, by imposing much higher taxes on the super-rich, plus removing current loopholes, facilitating their tax avoidance, together with making it mandatory that, collectively, they forfeited a substantial percentage of their annual disposable income, which along with the above and coupled also with some proper help from the government, would fund the measures I've outlined.

Oh, and also stop spending utterly OBSCENE amounts of money on all aspects of nuclear armament!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

I managed out with use of a visor yesterday, without much issue... So the govt have now said, your now not allowed to do that now either.. as I cant wear a mask im back stuck again.. I know ive an exemption but no one really knows that or cares and just abuse you.
    Sick to death of all this chopping and changing rules.. if they had been sensible in the bloody beginning most of this would probably been behind us, plus all the young folk totally ignoring any distancing etc...

fcuk it.. fcuk it all.. rant over
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Fuck what the government say mate, and just do what's best for you (within reason), as they've ZERO hope of enforcing any of that pish, especially on someone like you who clearly has health issues!

Here in Wales, we're pretty much living life now as normal (no mandatory mask shite in shops, for starters), and everything relevant to us is open again.

Just back from the butchers, which was the usual, pleasant and friendly experience we're used to, as we know all the staff there well, and a shopping trip to Tesco, where the interior was beautifully cool and air-conditioned, and there was hardly any bugger there - bliss!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

As of midnight tonight, Preston is having some restrictions imposed, where you cannot visit family in their homes, although you can still meet them in the pub I could see this coming when last week similar restrictions were imposed in Blackburn, Burnley etc the day before Eid. That didn't go down well. But the M65 between East Lancs and Preston I've renamed the Covid Corridor, and the result was inevitable.

It's been nearly five months since I've been round to my mates of a Saturday night, and tomorrow was to be the first time Bollocks to it all, I'm going anyway.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Above all mate, stay safe and take all sensible and *reasonable* precautions, as I'm sure you will, but it's not necessary to blindly 'dance to their tune', especially when as you've pointed out, some of their rules are contradictory and don't make much sense.

So do as you've always done, which is what your GUT says is right. Above all else in this situation, we MUST remain as free-thinkers, not robots, and retain our own powers of judgement accordingly... Oh and have fun

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Well I know he wants me to bring my cordless tools (circle saw, multi tool), so we can make an access hole on his kitchen floor. Also he'll appreciate having an audience to laugh at his piss-taking when his wife bangs on about car boots and antique/craft fairs Might even get a bit wasted, so you'll get no sense from me come Sunday.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Following the Beirut disaster, it's strange that nobody has mentioned the wreck of the SS Richard Montgomery, which sank in the late nineteen forties containing 1,400 tonnes of explosives, just off Sheerness in the Thames estuary.

The wreck holds about 2/3 in weight of explosive compared to the Beirut warehouse, but much of it is 'high explosive', as opposed to the simple ammonium nitrate at Beirut. It is unstable and unsafe and if it 'goes bang', which is perfectly possible, it will cause mayhem!

As with Beirut, officials and others say something about it occasionally, then it all goes quiet and everybody pretends it has gone away. It won't!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

I'd never heard of it. Looks like they do monitor it pretty regularly though https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Richard_Montgomery

According to a BBC news report in 1970,[15] it was determined that if the wreck of Richard Montgomery exploded, it would throw a 1,000-foot-wide (300 m) column of water and debris nearly 10,000 feet (3,000 m) into the air and generate a wave 16 feet (5 m) high. Almost every window in Sheerness (pop. circa 20,000) would be broken and buildings would be damaged by the blast. However, news reports in May 2012 (including one by BBC Kent) stated that the wave could be about 4 feet (1 m) high, which although lower than previous estimates would be enough to cause flooding in some coastal settlements
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Looks like official 'Doctor Who' type slime.

I'd check there's not Sea Devils living in the pond if I were you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jon.

Back when Dr Who was hide behind the sofa brilliant and not the woke PC utter bollocks is it today.

+ Reply to Thread