+ Reply to Thread
Page 934 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 4348348849249329339349359369449841034 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,340 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Give it a thousand years they'll be rubble and another thousand they will be dust. I saw a TV show about that where they computer-age the structures.

That's nothing when we're talking about millions of years. I mean in that space of time continents can move about.

I reckon if we abandoned the planet or all died out then it would only take a hundred thousand years for all visible trace of our mess to be gone. Anyone landing on the planet would not know anyone had ever been here unless they started doing some serious archaeology and testing and that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

they say that probes like voyager may be our lasting contrabution(assuming they dont actually hit anything). ceramics too could last for a hell of a time
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    they say that probes like voyager may be our lasting contrabution(assuming they dont actually hit anything). ceramics too could last for a hell of a time
    That surprises me, I'd assume the constant unfiltered UV light would do for them.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That surprises me, I'd assume the constant unfiltered UV light would do for them.
    i dont think its affected tbh...

on a different level, i guess the longest we will on earth still have any remnants will be before the earths crust is subducted lol.. but that will take a long, long time. hundreds of millions of years i guess
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I would be content if Nature could remove all traces of the present government in the next week or so.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I would be content if Nature could remove all traces of the present government in the next week or so.
    Nature may as well get rid of the next government too while it's wielding the big stick. They're all as bad as each other. As will be shown in the coming years.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Default Taking the piss!

2 years ago accountants charged me £360 to do my tax return. Ok, they probably do things in a way that may save me some tax. Last year it went up to £480, an increase of 30%.

I've just got an email from them, saying this year the fee will be £702 I've sort of gotten used to price increases, but enough is enough. Greedy little bastards in their air-conditioned offices inflation-busting their already comfortable standard of living at my expense. Although to be fair we did get a Christmas card off them.

So I phoned them back, telling them to get their greedy shit together or I will be going elsewhere, because up with this I will not put. We've got to make an effort to call these modern-day highwaymen to account.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

i used to do my own accounts and vat back in day but it became too stressful doing that and work so i upped prices 10% and got an accountant lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    2 years ago accountants charged me £360 to do my tax return. Ok, they probably do things in a way that may save me some tax. Last year it went up to £480, an increase of 30%.

I've just got an email from them, saying this year the fee will be £702 I've sort of gotten used to price increases, but enough is enough. Greedy little bastards in their air-conditioned offices inflation-busting their already comfortable standard of living at my expense. Although to be fair we did get a Christmas card off them.

So I phoned them back, telling them to get their greedy shit together or I will be going elsewhere, because up with this I will not put. We've got to make an effort to call these modern-day highwaymen to account.
    Good for you Steve - it's the only way the greedy buggers will learn. They are using the tax changes which came into effect in 2021 as an excuse for profiteering.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good for you Steve - it's the only way the greedy buggers will learn. They are using the tax changes which came into effect in 2021 as an excuse for profiteering.
    Is that what it is? Well they can try that one, but it won't wash. Thing is, Anita does my book keeping, spends hours on it, even though it is probably relatively straightforward. Then we present it in a way that even the most junior of their minions can work with. And yet...

We are all expected to accept the way things are right now and 'ride the storm'. I don't see why they can't too.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread