+ Reply to Thread
Page 512 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 124124625025105115125135145225626121012 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    as a practicing Catholic, being able to attend weekly masses at church, and praying to God in the normal way, as part of a congregation and in the presence of my priest (Canon), or Bishop, rather than watching a totally soulless streamed version of it on a TV!
    Sadly, church services are amongst the most significant sources of infections. Almost all of Singapore's initial cases stemmed from a Chinese couple, who had the virus but no symptoms, attending a church service where a large number of attendees contracted the virus. More recently, as I mentioned in another post, a church in Germany which had just re-started services had sixty of its congregation fall ill with the virus, even though all wore face masks and the church was disinfected. So even after many other venues are re-opened, I expect churches will continue to play it safe and either remain closed or limit attendance.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well there's only me here and I only need one bedroom. So the other one just got used as a store-room. But eventually it got to the point where I couldn't even get in there. Still quite a lot of gear in there but now it's all tidy and organised. I don't really fret about stuff like that, it's not important. But it had got out of hand and needed sorting.
    I'm oblivious to my surroundings most of the time and can happily ignore the clobber surrounding me. But a few months ago we needed to have some work done in our top bedroom, which currently serves as an office/storage space and stand-by listening room, and which had become filled with 'stuff'. We cleared the place out, had the work done, then I re-decorated it. We bought some new curtains as we were having people to stay and the old curtains were, frankly, a disgrace. The room is now a much better place to be in, and we've tried not to let the 'stuff' creep back.

The main issue in or house is books. They're all over the place, in every single room, and a) the library's closed so we can't return books we've borrowed and b) the charity shops are closed so we can't offload surplus stock. When the weather was dry, the woman down the road just put loads of books on her garden wall and invited people to help themselves. Caroline couldn't resist picking up a few just to add to the thousands we already own.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Sadly, church services are amongst the most significant sources of infections. Almost all of Singapore's initial cases stemmed from a Chinese couple, who had the virus but no symptoms, attending a church service where a large number of attendees contracted the virus. More recently, as I mentioned in another post, a church in Germany which had just re-started services had sixty of its congregation fall ill with the virus, even though all wore face masks and the church was disinfected. So even after many other venues are re-opened, I expect churches will continue to play it safe and either remain closed or limit attendance.
    Yeah, although according to BJ's plan on easing the lockdown, places of worship are due to reopen on 4th July, providing on how the 'land lies' then... And of course, as you say, depending also on how they can be safely used and comply with 'social distancing'.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Missed this...

There was a thousand people queuing to get into Ikea in Warrington! And they were only letting a few in at a time. Imagine getting there and there's 999 people ahead of you in the queue. But instead of saying fuck that for a game of soldiers, you join the back of the line and wait for hours! Just to buy some Swedish tat! I think these people must actually be a different species to me.
    I know, same here. For me, it's one of the most unfathomable and bizarre forms of modern human behaviour - not forgetting of course that the vast majority of said 'lemmings' will have driven for MILES and stood in HUGE traffic jams on the motorway to get there, and then had to wait for a parking space, in order to obtain the 'privilege' of joining that queue!

Realistically, unless you live somewhere near the store, then from the point of leaving home to fulfilling any kind of successful shopping trip, and returning home, you've got to be looking at least 6 hours of stress and misery - and for what...??

I'd just love to interview a group of them, and ask how exactly the broken bottles rattling around inside their heads, posing as 'brains', actually function!!

I guess it's the price you pay for consumerism, and creating such a mindless and materialistic society.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

There were queues of several hundred cars to get a big mac up here yesterday
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yup, and I've seen similar happening in other places. Utter lunacy... And you don't think that these folk are brainwashed?

Bearing in mind what we were talking about recently, in reference to subliminal advertising and technology CONTROLLING you........!

Quite simply, we've created a nation of zombies - and it's only going to get worse!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, and I've seen similar happening in other places. Utter lunacy... And you don't think these folk are brainwashed?

Bearing in mind what we were talking about recently, in reference to subliminal advertising and technology CONTROLLING you........!

Quite simply, we've created a nation of mindless zombies - and it's only going to get worse!!

Marco.
    you would have thought after 10 weeks plus of home cooking they would have aspired above mcdonalds etc, but alas not... i can only hope most found it disgusting
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

More like 10 weeks of ordering takeaways and making oven chips! These lazy fools, who are so addicted to their junk food, just don't have a clue, and are simply slaves to brand names and the marketing forces that make them so 'desirable' to the easily led...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse. Did McDonalds create a crap burger then brainwash people to like it, or did they create a burger that (a lot of) people like? Seems to me the latter is a much easier task than the former.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse. Did McDonalds create a crap burger then brainwash people to like it, or did they create a burger that (a lot of) people like? Seems to me the latter is a much easier task than the former.
    'No-one ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the American public', as H L Mencken put it. I've never eaten at McDonalds, and don't understand the attraction. Maybe they put something addictive into their burgers, like Pringles do with their crisps? Either way, you can add 'queuing for a McDonalds' to 'queuing to get into Ikea' and 'queuing for hours at the airport' to the list of things I won't be doing.
    Last edited by Joe; 03-06-2020 at 13:27.

+ Reply to Thread