+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Today I wanted to get my old cassette player up and running after I fitted a new set of belts about 9 months ago.
    This was to record a few cassettes for the cassette radio I fixed into my work tractor because the radio /cd in it was goosed !!

I am not usually in the habit of going backwards but as I had the unit sat on my workshop shelf ,I thought it would be fun!

So a couple of hrs later and I have recorded a C 90 cassette ( a new one ) with War of the Worlds

Feeling like the cat that got etc ,I inserted said cassette in player for it to not drive/function (probably a drive belt again Lol)

Well ,at least I have a good functioning radio for my Highway Radio to work correctly !! Planet Rock rules
    and a cassette thats works !! I just need to use the thing now !
    "It's not just rock, it's Planet Rock". Great station, great music, find the "Guess the year a bit challenging though.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes you can do all that, walk out the hotel entrance and you've got a bloke right there at your disposal, day or night.
    That's right. It seemed you could go anywhere on Aruba for ten bucks

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes you can do all that, walk out the hotel entrance and you've got a bloke right there at your disposal, day or night. They might be strangers to begin with but not after a while. As long as you treat them like a human being and not a servant of course. They're not into that at all for obvious reasons.

I don't know about the French islands, they can be quite dangerous I'm told but go to one of them that used to be British you'll have no problems. Maybe not Jamaica though, not been there.
    Fair enough, but that doesn't negate the other (serious to us, as outlined) issues of using a taxi, in the way you describe. The bottom line is that we're just not really the 'taxi type', and I enjoy driving too much (and exploring areas on my own with Del), especially abroad on unknown territory!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I asked for a glass of what the locals drink and the lady produced a labelless plastic bottle from a cupboard.
    Was it yellowy-green in colour and tasted of piss? If so, you've consumed the contents of her bedpan!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    That's right. It seemed you could go anywhere on Aruba for ten bucks
    On St Kitts I was chatting to the bloke as we were going along and mentioned that I liked the raw sugar cane. So he stops the car, pulls this comedy size machete out from under his seat, I mean the blade must have been 3 foot long, and goes off into the field, comes back with some cane for me.

I thought he was about 50 years old from how he looked and moved, turned out he was 78.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Aye, that's what happens when you've led a healthy and happy life, devoid of modern day stress, feel contented even though you don't have much, and live somewhere completely divorced from the 'rat race'!

There's a lot to be said for the simple life, and living 'off grid'....

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Neil.

I’m in Porto, and it’s an awesome city. Love Portugal.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Was it yellowy-green in colour and tasted of piss? If so, you've consumed the contents of her bedpan!

Marco.
    No, it was perfectly clear but it would probably have been less risky drinking urine than whatever was in this rocket fuel.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Sound a bit similar to 'Mao Tai' - a clear oily spirit I drank in China. Near lethal in its effect.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

On St Kitts I was chatting to the bloke as we were going along and mentioned that I liked the raw sugar cane. So he stops the car, pulls this comedy size machete out from under his seat, I mean the blade must have been 3 foot long, and goes off into the field, comes back with some cane for me.

I thought he was about 50 years old from how he looked and moved, turned out he was 78.
    Now that's what I call going off the beaten track, and meeting ordinary locals. Even when the ordinary local goes off the beaten track with a giant machete.

There have been cases of tourists exploring "off the beaten track", accidentally finding themselves in a badass area and coming to grief. And if you're in a hire car you might as well have big sign on it saying "we're tourists and we're lost". I personally would feel safer travelling in the company of someone with a bit of local knowledge.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread