+ Reply to Thread
Page 847 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 347747797837845846847848849857897947 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 11746

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

Asda has revealed it chartered its own cargo ship to ensure key festive items such as toys, clothing and decorations reach its stores, in the latest example of the extreme measures retailers are taking to mitigate pre-Christmas supply chain problems.

The supermarket, which revealed in a trading update on Monday that sales fell 0.7% in the three months to 31 October, said the ship carrying 350 containers of items from east Asia was its first ever private charter.

Asda said it had also stocked up on extra turkeys and pigs in blankets in stores and was building supplies of mince pies, confectionery and puddings to head off problems in the final weeks before Christmas Day.

oddly ive not long started getting deliveries from asda. ive found their drivers better and products as good and often better too, as are prices considering the quality.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive found their drivers better and products as good and often better too, as are prices considering the quality.
    Steak & ale pies and mince pies being the exceptions of course. And I tried a bag of their chocolate peanuts last week, they were cack too.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Steak & ale pies and mince pies being the exceptions of course. And I tried a bag of their chocolate peanuts last week, they were cack too.
    yes they were indeed cack and i told them so. but most stuff has been good i have to say, although i have to pick n choose . that firecracker chicken and rice today was very tasty
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Complete change of subject... it occurred to me today that I haven’t seen a launderette in years - 20 years ago there was one in every parade of shops but I honestly couldn’t tell yo where one is now within 20 miles - although a quick Google does show a handful in Ipswich. No surprise really, everyone has a washing machine these days, but my super king size duvet won’t fit in mine...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

there was one in my town. i dont know if its still there tho. my neighbour used to take her duvets there a lot. think the poorer the town the more likely you'll find one.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Struth
    ...key festive items such as toys, clothing and decorations reach its stores
    Probably a load of tat from China.

Talking of which, has anyone spent a lot on 'Black Friday' deals? Or as my partner says:

"Stuff you don't really want, stuff you will never use, stuff you can't really afford but paid for with money you haven't got."
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Probably a load of tat from China.

Talking of which, has any spent a lot on 'Black Friday' deals? Or as my partner says:

"Stuff you don't really want, stuff you will never use, stuff you can't really afford but paid for with money you haven't got."
    just an £17(i think) chromecast video. free postage from google themselves. came quickly and works well. always fancied one.

other than that, nothing. not much i need tbh, and your partner was right, i didnt NEED the chromecast
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    there was one in my town. i dont know if its still there tho. my neighbour used to take her duvets there a lot. think the poorer the town the more likely you'll find one.
    There's one just round the corner from me, been there since about 1993. Before that you had to go all the way up the hill.

The one we used to use when I was a child in Liverpool is still there, that must have been going more than fifty years.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I haven’t, but judging by the number of parcels that arrived today my wife has been taking full advantage for the kid’s Christmas presents....

Actually, one of them was a Fire 8 HD tablet my daughter wanted - usually £89.99 but down to £39.99 - bargain, but probably means there’s a new model coming out next week...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Complete change of subject... it occurred to me today that I haven’t seen a launderette in years - 20 years ago there was one in every parade of shops but I honestly couldn’t tell yo where one is now within 20 miles - although a quick Google does show a handful in Ipswich. No surprise really, everyone has a washing machine these days, but my super king size duvet won’t fit in mine...
    Our Morrisons in Chorley has had some big washing machines installed recently, right outside the entrance. I suppose the idea is for shoppers to bung their dirty duds in one and go shopping while they wash... and they have 18kg capacity, so your super king size underpants, sorry duvet, should fit in
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread