+ Reply to Thread
Page 1020 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 20520920970101010181019102010211022103010701120 ... LastLast
Results 10,191 to 10,200 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Mike.

Old swimming baths are things of beauty, I can't be arsed googling my childhood old school baths, but they weren't as nice as those pictured. The 80s came and with it those new out of town leisure centres, all breeze block and plastic roofs, and 'wave machines'!! I love swimming, and go 2 or 3 times a week, just a shame they only have 1 lane for fast swimmers, its a bit shite sometimes!!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    At least they built something on the site of your baths even if it was a crappy law courts. Here's what's on the site of ours:

It does look like they have plans for it - they've kept the stone facade and binned everything else. Probably end up housing an accountancy firm in a futile bid to look cool. We have a 'repurposed' waterworks in Chorley that has gone this way.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Old swimming baths are things of beauty, I can't be arsed googling my childhood old school baths, but they weren't as nice as those pictured. The 80s came and with it those new out of town leisure centres, all breeze block and plastic roofs, and 'wave machines'!! I love swimming, and go 2 or 3 times a week, just a shame they only have 1 lane for fast swimmers, its a bit shite sometimes!!
    You have a lane all to yourself, apart from the ferries and container vessels... some folk are never happy

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    You have a lane all to yourself, apart from the ferries and container vessels... some folk are never happy

Oh and this was the inside of our baths - there was also a smaller pool too in the building which was about 2/3 size, and something called "slipper baths" which I think was for folk who didn't have a bath at home. Oh and cafe in the basement where we'd have a cup of Bovril and a bag of crisps afterwards.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

Oh and this was the inside of our baths - there was also a smaller pool too in the building which was about 2/3 size, and something called "slipper baths" which I think was for folk who didn't have a bath at home. Oh and cafe in the basement where we'd have a cup of Bovril and a bag of crisps afterwards.

A bit fancier than ours'. but along same lines really. i won a fair few medals in tho. 25yds i think which got extended to 25 metres. its gone now tho and housing built on it i think. bovril came from a machine in lobby.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A bit fancier than ours'. but along same lines really. i won a fair few medals in tho. 25yds i think which got extended to 25 metres. its gone now tho and housing built on it i think. bovril came from a machine in lobby.
    Scotland's answer to Johnny Weismuller... Did you ever do the yodel? A bloke I used to work with claimed he once saw Johnny Weismuller at Wigan baths. Nobody believed him

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Scotland's answer to Johnny Weismuller... Did you ever do the yodel? A bloke I used to work with claimed he once saw Johnny Weismuller at Wigan baths. Nobody believed him
    lol.... i swam on tv and everything

was a bit dangerous having all that water on top the tv but, hey we were brave in those days
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Probably because he claimed Cheetah was there too, swinging off the diving board.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I've got Duncan Goodhew's head, but the similarities end there.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Mike.

What's that thing at top? Looks like a stage! There were 2 baths in my hometown of Newport, Maindee and Stowhill, I didn;t realise at the time, but Maindee was quite a beautiful pool, I went there loads. It's now closed, along with stow hill (3 pools, 1 diving board!).

Maindee.

Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread