+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I had the gt250. Went like stink lol
    I remember flying down the trail, going as fast as possible without it getting away from me. My neighbor and I would be racing, down a trail through the woods, we’d pop around a corner and there’s a tree across the trail that fell in last night’s rain storm. No time to think, BAM! Flying like Superman is quite enjoyable! But hitting the ground with a 250lb motorcycle falling on top of you isn’t so great. But we brushed ourselves off and kept on going! Those Suzuki bikes were tough as shoe leather! Indestructible.

Russell

I'm Steve.

My first bike was a Suzuki GT250, blue P-reg one with a 150mph(!) speedo. The bike fell over at every corner, largely due to my incompetence, and it never stopped suffering. Sometimes it would start in the morning and take me to work, but during that winter it got more and more unreliable. and when the following spring I took it to the dealers for the last time (to trade it in for a minty X7) it died on the dealer's forecourt.

I have many happy memories of that first bike, but I seem to have mislaid them.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My first bike was a Suzuki GT250, blue P-reg one with a 150mph(!) speedo. The bike fell over at every corner, largely due to my incompetence, and it never stopped suffering. Sometimes it would start in the morning and take me to work, but during that winter it got more and more unreliable. and when the following spring I took it to the dealers for the last time (to trade it in for a minty X7) it died on the dealer's forecourt.

I have many happy memories of that first bike, but I seem to have mislaid them.
    LOL, I remember my Kawasaki KH250, flat out at 85 but a speedo that topped at well over 100...! Complete bloody joke but a stunningly nice bike in deep purple with pale grey alloy wheels. Oh yeah and that sound..!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    LOL, I remember my Kawasaki KH250, flat out at 85 but a speedo that topped at well over 100...! Complete bloody joke but a stunningly nice bike in deep purple with pale grey alloy wheels. Oh yeah and that sound..!
    KH250 was a triple IIRC, and that made for a good noise, as it did for all their 2-stroke triples. If you haven't already checked, avoid looking up current values of 2-stroke triples (any strokers for that matter), it will only depress you
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Yep, that sound and to have a triple 250 was amazing. My S1 was clapped out but still immensely enjoyable. A couple of years later I had my first proper "big" bike, a Kawasaki Z650 B1 in that classic metallic green. It had a Piper 4 into 1 exhaust and K&N air filters and sounded like a Saturn 5 rocket to me. When I took it for it's MOT the tester told me "sort that bloody exhaust out for the next MOT". Thems were the days when MOT testers could offer "advice".

Not my Z650 but it looked identical
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Russell.

While I can’t recall the call letters, my Suzuki 250 was a 1973, 2 stoke single, on/off bike. Of course all the lights were knocked off at some point, except the headlight.

Russell

I'm Shaun.

Oh yes, the 750 H2C that I owned way back in the mid nineties now really pisses me off mainly because I don't own it anymore and they change hands for around £16k. What a bloody investment..? Truth though is that it had an almost shot third gear and spares even then were non existent unless you imported from the USA.

My first 'real' big bike was a Kawasaki GPz750. It was so good I kept that bike for six years. Longer than any other bike. When I eventually sold it, it had around 17k miles on the clock.

I'm alan.

Yes Shaun hindsight is a marvelous thing, if only we knew then what we know now eh....!!!
    If only I had kept the bikes I once had.

Yatsushiro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    While I can’t recall the call letters, my Suzuki 250 was a 1973, 2 stoke single, on/off bike. Of course all the lights were knocked off at some point, except the headlight.

Russell
    I'd guess at TM, or TS?

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Yes Shaun hindsight is a marvelous thing, if only we knew then what we know now eh....!!!
    If only I had kept the bikes I once had.
    Oh yes Alan, we are so bloody clever with hindsight mate. Just think of the hi-fi I would have if only I knew then what I know now.

Think of the women as well if I knew then what I know now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast