+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    and a perfect demonstration of why power to weight ratio is the most important performance figure.

So few people realise that power to weight ratio is just about everything in performance. Grip of course is pretty important too.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Grip of course is pretty important too.
    Indeed. If you watch a car vs bike video, usually the car will have it in the corners, before the bike takes off on the straighter bits. A lot harder to fall off a car!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Indeed. If you watch a car vs bike video, usually the car will have it in the corners, before the bike takes off on the straighter bits. A lot harder to fall off a car!
    So true but whenever I see a car pile up I just think of the egg in the cardboard box

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Hi Russell, this is Honda's long awaited update of the old 50cc classic...This one is a 125cc.
    And I think it looks cool.

https://powersports.honda.com/street...nkey?year=2019
    Most interesting! I see that it looks taller, slightly bigger. The QA-50 has no rear shocks, and of course drum brakes. But with a 125cc I bet it’s a hand full!

Russell

I'm Shaun.

Willingham Woods Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Bobber by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr

OK so this is perhaps not a classic but it was a bloody good looking bike. 27th June 2019 at a place known as Willingham Woods close to Market Rasen in Lincolnshire. This has been a hangout for bikers for the proverbial donkeys. The bike is a modified Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar that has been 'bobberised'.

I'm Shaun.

Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Bobber Willingham Woods by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr

Here's another shot of the same bike. Really nice amongst all of the plastic types that invade everywhere these days but of course, each to their own. As with everything it is a bloody good job we are not all alike. I have a mate who adores Moto Guzzi..! Enough said

I'm Shaun.

Heavily modded Kawasaki KH250 Triple Willingham Woods Lincolnshire by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr

Kawasaki KH250 two stroke triple from the late seventies. I bought one of these bikes on my eighteenth birthday. I also got to ride the earlier S1C version too.

The one in the image was photographed on Sunday 30th June 2019 in Willingham Woods Lincolnshire where they have numerous bike meets. It has been heavily modded.
    Last edited by Haselsh1; 30-06-2019 at 16:24. Reason: Correction

I'm Ian.

Amazing picture Shaun. I had an old S1, definitely had seen better days but I enjoyed it. I can still remember the registration number, quite apt really URD 59N.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Amazing picture Shaun. I had an old S1, definitely had seen better days but I enjoyed it. I can still remember the registration number, quite apt really URD 59N.
    Yes Ian, iconic bike but I found the handling to be quite odd. It always felt as though the bike was in charge of me rather than the other way around. That though could have been a total lack of experience at that time. Still a bloody iconic bike along with the other triples. Thanks for the image comment. It was taken on an Olympus Pen Lite EPL-3 compact camera. There then followed a shedload of Photoshop.

I'm Ian.

You can't Photoshop the original composition into a photo though. It's like being able to paint or sculpt or write, you just have a talent.
    Even though I don't ride anymore I think I've still got 2 stroke oil running through my veins. Don't get me wrong, I've owned some brilliant 4 strokes but the buzz from a fruity 2 stroke is unbeatable.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast