+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Russell.

I sold my old ‘79 Harley. I took some very nice pics for the ad, but I noticed in each pic, there was an oil spot under the bike! So I took Gimp and removed the oil spot in each photo, came out perfect.

Russell

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    You can't Photoshop the original composition into a photo though. It's like being able to paint or sculpt or write, you just have a talent.
    Even though I don't ride anymore I think I've still got 2 stroke oil running through my veins. Don't get me wrong, I've owned some brilliant 4 strokes but the buzz from a fruity 2 stroke is unbeatable.
    Absolutely. And that smell! I could ride behind a 2 stroke bike all day, or until it breaks down! It's a smell that takes me back to happier, more carefree times, like freshly cut grass.

My dream garage would definitely have a H2 triple in it, though really an old RD250 or 400 would do just fine
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Even though I don't ride anymore I think I've still got 2 stroke oil running through my veins. Don't get me wrong, I've owned some brilliant 4 strokes but the buzz from a fruity 2 stroke is unbeatable.
    So true, so true.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Absolutely. And that smell! I could ride behind a 2 stroke bike all day, or until it breaks down! It's a smell that takes me back to happier, more carefree times, like freshly cut grass.

My dream garage would definitely have a H2 triple in it, though really an old RD250 or 400 would do just fine
    Oh my word yeah, an RD400 mint

Dreaming again

I'm Geoff.

I remember when the RD400 hit the market. I had a new Kwaka S3a 400 triple, the Yams couldn't keep up!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I remember when the RD400 hit the market. I had a new Kwaka S3a 400 triple, the Yams couldn't keep up!
    One for Geoff, my next 1/12 model kit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

Very similar to the S3a. Slightly detuned and had quieter silencers if I recall.

I also had an H1B and H1/KH500 hybrid and a GT550A Suzuki triple. The GT550A was a pussycat compared to the Kwakas, even the S3a 400 would have left it behind.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shaun.

Oh yeah, the KH400 was to follow my KH250 but all I achieved was five and a half months in hospital with three compound fractures of my left leg, broken ribs, broken collar bone and slightly smashed left hand. By the time I was able, things had moved on and the triples had been banned all over the World due to emissions. During the nineties though I got to own a Kawasaki H2C 750 two stroke triple, the one in the photo at the start of this thread. I had it for a few years and then discovered Ducati's.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Did someone mention the Yamaha FZR600..? Here's the one I owned way back when in the nineties.

FZR600 Yamaha by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr
    Ooh I had one that colour, kept it 9/10 years, always regret selling it,happy days indeed
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm alan.

The scariest 2 stroke I ever owned by a long shot.......A beast and a bloody pig to ride.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

I loved my wee Suzuki X7 though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast