+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Steve's drawing is a mid-90's bike - the ZX's did get curvier 98/99 - here's a '95 ZX6-R

Slightly later one, but more similar position to the drawing:

But it could equally be a c. 95 ZX9-R - they're very similar visually

By 98, they were indeed more curvy.

Sorry Steve, in any case, an excellent drawing - 3 months!
    You're absolutely right Alex, pic 2 is a dead ringer for Steve's drawing. The last pic is identical to the 9 which I had, although mine unfortunately was blue (still a great bike though)
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Speaking of ZX’s, he’s my 9R from quite a while ago, along with a Tuono i had at the time.
    The Tuono was an absolute beast and would gladly spin the rear wheel in 3rd if it was damp. That said, it had been fettled a bit.
    I'm tempted to get another just for shits and giggles.

And one of my minty SRAD. It was in the bedroom because i was having the garage roof replaced.

SRADs, great round corners, a pig on stairs. Or did you live in a bungalow?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Me on my brother's F4 taken in 2016.

13880347_10208327848606217_1550116424506087032_n.jpg
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Andy.

Used to be ZX6R owner many years back - thought it was an underated bike

Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Shaun.

If I were to revisit motorcycling yet again it would have to be a 1990's Ducati M900 Monster. Bloody loved the ones I had back then.

I'm Ian.

It would have to be two. Yamaha RD400E and a Honda VFR750P. The Yam to relive youthful lunacy and the VFR simply because it was so easy to live with and gave big smiles.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    If I were to revisit motorcycling yet again it would have to be a 1990's Ducati M900 Monster. Bloody loved the ones I had back then.
    I've just acquired one of these from my nephew Shaun. It's waiting to be picked up from France when I find the time. I'm not really familiar with them to be honest. Any tips you can pass on?

I'm Steve.

+1 for the RD 400, I would want it to be white with red 'speed blocks'. But for the big bike it would have to be a CBX 1000, maybe in a Moto Martin or Harris frame. That engine!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    I've just acquired one of these from my nephew Shaun. It's waiting to be picked up from France when I find the time. I'm not really familiar with them to be honest. Any tips you can pass on?
    Yes Loz, make sure you replace the cam belts before you ride it..! Only use synthetic oil and tighten up all nuts and bolts.

In terms of riding the thing, it is a hooligan of a bike. Very tight and precise and very unforgiving. Rides like it is on rails but exceptionally light. Also it may suffer from severe carb icing unless the ambient temperature is quite high. There is an additive you can add to the fuel to stop this from happening.

Gorgeous bike, gorgeous exhaust note with carbon pipes and gorgeous flickability.

Have shedloads of fun and stay safe.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Yes Loz, make sure you replace the cam belts before you ride it..! Only use synthetic oil and tighten up all nuts and bolts.

In terms of riding the thing, it is a hooligan of a bike. Very tight and precise and very unforgiving. Rides like it is on rails but exceptionally light. Also it may suffer from severe carb icing unless the ambient temperature is quite high. There is an additive you can add to the fuel to stop this from happening.

Gorgeous bike, gorgeous exhaust note with carbon pipes and gorgeous flickability.

Have shedloads of fun and stay safe.
    Lovely, thanks mate. My nephew also mentioned the 'flickabilty' which is one reason I was attracted to it. My big boxer BMW, although an impeccable handling bike is a bit of a handful on the smaller A roads around these parts. The Ducati will need a little adjustment, things like headlights, as it is being imported from Switzerland where the 'MOT' rules are ridiculously stringent hence my nephew moving it on. Quite a few of my bikes over the years of come from there. Bargains to be had!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast