+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Was forced to change to a more subdued one after complaints for setting off car alarms and frightening OAPs & Children.
    I can imagine. I know what a loud BMW boxer sounds like.

That looks a nice bike and the riding position looks good, the bars not silly low.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shaun.

Did someone mention the Yamaha FZR600..? Here's the one I owned way back when in the nineties.

FZR600 Yamaha by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr

I'm Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Most definitely, I had a Honda CB100N when I was 17 and that poor little bike suffered massive abuse, miles and miles of thrashing it to within inches of it's life and it just kept going and going. It only let go twice, once when the cam chain slipped the sprocket and once with a broken piston ring. If I'd treated my bigger bikes that way they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.
    My first bike was the CB100N in 1981. I put a full fairing on it as I rode for thousands miles when I came home on leave. The big fairing meant it would only do 60 into a headwind but a tail wind could make it fly (relatively speaking). Loved that bike.

I traded it for a Suzuki GS125 as it was new, black and looked cool (to an 18 year old).

I'm alan.

This wee Monkey looks fun......Yoshi pipe naturally.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

My Kawasaki ZX6-R Ninja was collected today - off to be recommissioned after 10 years stuck in the garage. Bought new in '98, 12,000 miles on the clock, and apart from the effects of doing nothing in the garage for 10 years, in pretty good nick. Can't wait to get her back on the road, though I suspect mileage will stay low and I will only be pootling about like a little old granny to a few local shows.

(not mine, but exactly the same.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

Funny how the average car driver hasn't even the faintest concept of the kind of poke available from even a twenty or thirty year old 600 bike or bigger. My last 600 was a mere GSX-600F, but on motorways it would leave stuff like Imprezas and Jags etc. in the dust with just a whiff of throttle.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Funny how the average car driver hasn't even the faintest concept of the kind of poke available from even a twenty or thirty year old 600 bike or bigger. My last 600 was a mere GSX-600F, but on motorways it would leave stuff like Imprezas and Jags etc. in the dust with just a whiff of throttle.
    That's true, Geoff. I remember reading a review when I bought my 600 back in the day. It stated that in the time it took a BMW 520i to get from 0-60 (around 9 seconds I recall) the ZX6-R would do 0-100 and back from 100-0. Even if you've experienced it, those are pretty unbelievable figures - and a perfect demonstration of why power to weight ratio is the most important performance figure.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    This wee Monkey looks fun......Yoshi pipe naturally.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    What is this? I had a Honda QA-50 when I was 8 years old, that looked much like it. Minus the disc brakes. It was a load of fun!! And tough as shoe leather.

Russell

I'm alan.

Hi Russell, this is Honda's long awaited update of the old 50cc classic...This one is a 125cc.
    And I think it looks cool.

https://powersports.honda.com/street...nkey?year=2019

I'm Shaun.

Yeah it never ceases to amaze me either the kind of power we deal with on motorcycles. I remember my old Kawasaki GPZ1000RX that had 125bhp on tap at 250kg all up weight. That gave it a power to weight of 500bhp/tonne. The acceleration was bloody incredible and was almost capable of pulling itself out of my fingers. I remember at the time that one of it's main features was being able to accelerate to 100mph and brake back down to zero in less that a quarter mile. I never attempted it though. It was a bloody lovely bike, one of my favourites were performance was concerned but I only kept it for two years after which I moved on to Ducati's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast