+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannoy Berkeley

I'm Alan.

Are you wiring the Decca correctly? Just trying to get to the bottom of this.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    No, I've tried it with the 30 plugs in and with no plugs in and no difference.

The black 100 plugs are MC so they don't get used with the Decca.

I can put my TQ at full volume using the Decca and I can still talk across the room and be heard.

I don't have the Decca back yet to try it again.
    you got the cart wired right mike?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Will I did think about this before posting off the cartridge to John Wright, so I checked it and it looked fine into the 4 pin connector that it came with, it's colour coded so can't go wrong, I then read somewhere about using the 3 pin connector ( luckily I have that too ), that too is colour coded, so I swapped that in, still no difference, which was why I sent the cartridge to John.

I'm Mike.

I have a Rega Carbon MM cart that I bought to put on my Focus One TT upstairs, I've just put that on my 1210 TT and it sounds a little louder than the Decca from memory, but not greatly so, I can still go to max volume and ok it's a little distorted but it certainly isn't deafening by a long way. In fact a quick check with decibel meter app on phone gives me 76db at full volume.

I don't have an MC cart to test but I do know that before I sold the last of them last week I couldn't push the amp that far without killing something

I'll swap it over into the TQ phono input and report back.

I'm Mike.

Lol this just gets better and better, I now have the TT ( with mm cart ) into the MM phono input on the TQ Claymore Amp ( as pre ) and no difference, still low output.

THEN for a laugh I tried it into the MC input, now this should overload it somewhat right?

Well actually no it didn't, same volume just a little muddier sounding, what the FEK!

ok next move is to remove the EWA M-50 Power Amp from the equation and go integrated only, I think this might be the one thing I've NOT tried.

Getting rid of the Slagle is looking more and more likely to have been a big mistake, well here goes, back soon

I'm Grant.

I take it streaming is working with system so if 2 carts are same it looks like the phono stage or the connection in to amp; or the arm is faulty. try putting the other tq in as a test by itself. should tell you where problem is
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I take it streaming is working with system so if 2 carts are same it looks like the phono stage or the connection in to amp; or the arm is faulty. try putting the other tq in as a test by itself. should tell you where problem is
    Streaming fine.

What I don't get, is that the MC carts all sounded fine going TT - Vivant - TQ (Pre) - Power Amp.

The MM carts are the same no matter if I use the Vivant or the TQ built in stage, so it's not the stages, right?

It's not the TQ (Pre) as volume into Power Amp when using streaming as that's fine too?

So that should rule out the Power Amp mismatch too.

So can it be the arm? Why would it be ok for MC and not MM that's the bit I don't get if it is the arm at fault. Mind you the way things are going lately with my second buys it wouldn't bloody surprise me!

I'm away to try takingg the power amp out if the equation just to make sure it's not that.

I'm Grant.

Have you tried your spare tq.. the old one just as a trial. Not currently having a mc is stopping testing that again, but its at moment suggesting a fault in arm wiring or associated wiring re tt
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Have you tried your spare tq.. the old one just as a trial. Not currently having a mc is stopping testing that again, but its at moment suggesting a fault in arm wiring or associated wiring re tt
    I'll try that later if I have time, I've given up at the moment, heeds mince

I'm Mike.

Just had word that the HPD's should be despatched next Tuesday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast