Thread: GONGS Music Maker 2017

I'm M.

Glad your liking the Robbie

I'm M.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Glad your liking the Robbie
    Can't spell them

I'm Brian.

Very nice Robert . I'm a big fan too . I've heard the SP1s and the SP2s and loved them both . These look very special
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Robert.

Geoff, Grant, Oli, Martin, Brian, thanks man !

I'd never heard a pair of Spendors prior and no matter how much you've read and feel you've gone for the right thing...

I wont lie, I was 'squeeking' a bit just in case they dissapointed but thank God they're great and fit the bill a treat - phew !! lovin' 'em
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Geoff, Grant, Oli, Martin, Brian, thanks man !

I'd never heard a pair of Spendors prior and no matter how much you've read and feel you've gone for the right thing...

I wont lie, I was 'squeeking' a bit just in case they dissapointed but thank God they're great and fit the bill a treat - phew !! lovin' 'em
    Lol, squeaking a bit. That really made me laugh.

I'm James.

Congratulations Rob, they look great. Welcome to the Spendor club although I think your design which is 35 years ahead of my SP2's will sound very different.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Congratulations Rob, they look great. Welcome to the Spendor club although I think your design which is 35 years ahead of my SP2's will sound very different.
    Indeed James,

Newer Spendors have retained or at least tried to retain that original and renowned smooth mid range magic and non fatiguing (some say laid back) presentation / dna.

The D7's are said to be a bit of a 'modern' twist on that as in a bit more open, lively / upfront compared to their predecessor.

Hard for me to give comparison based on experience having never heard any Spendors prior to these but I can attest that these Spennies are as I've described and most certainly not laid back.

They are very open, clear and involving.

As a result they are probably not quite as non fatiguing as older Spendors or my slightly 'closed in' Mission 752 Freedoms.

They are very revealing and dont soften any brightness or hardness in the recording.

To use that well used phrase, they tell it like it is and get right to the heart of the music - Good recordings are fantastic, bright or hard ones are presented a such.

I've realised that is the trade off with genuinely good transducers
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Indeed James,

Newer Spendors have retained or at least tried to retain that original and renowned smooth mid range magic and non fatiguing (some say laid back) presentation / dna.

The D7's are said to be a bit of a 'modern' twist on that as in a bit more open, lively / upfront compared to their predecessor.

Hard for me to give comparison based on experience having never heard any Spendors prior to these but I can attest that these Spennies are as I've described and most certainly not laid back.

They are very open, clear and involving.

As a result they are probably not quite as non fatiguing as older Spendors or my slightly 'closed in' Mission 752 Freedoms.

They are very revealing and dont soften any brightness or hardness in the recording.

To use that well used phrase, they tell it like it is and get right to the heart of the music - Good recordings are fantastic, bright or hard ones are presented a such.

I've realised that is the trade off with genuinely good transducers
    I would imagine they are very truthful!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I would imagine they are very truthful!
    You're not wrong James,

My system already had a very detailed, revelaing presentation but the deep deep down hidden back ground things going on in the mix, voices etc that have now surfaced is just nuts, it is forensic, seriously ! - proper hifi-delity and the system I always aimed to build as I've always been quite analytical in my listening and hate stuf glossed over, beefed out, fruity, romantisised or otherwise.

Give me the music please, first and foremost BUT as close to the recording cause the two for me are intricatly related and the magic of the whole thing is in the expression thereof regardless of how good or not the recording might be.

As a whole, as undiluted, unsweetened or otherwise as pos it is how I prefer my music served - and Amen to that !
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345