+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rexton's Valve System - Upgrade Blog

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    That 301 looks absolutely beautiful Andy

The bearing from Malaysia looks the biz mate , do they do them for GL75s .
    They do Brian although all long versions are sold out.

http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/ind...?topic=25857.0

I'm Brian.

Thanks Keith , I'm a member so I'll have a look
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Lovely 301 Andy, How does it compare to your Techie ?
    Not quite sure yet as the the Garrard is being a sulky little bugger! I get one problem solved and then another crops up I suppose that's what you get for running vintage gear.

That 301 looks absolutely beautiful Andy

The bearing from Malaysia looks the biz mate , do they do them for GL75s .
    Thanks mate, looks like your questions have been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    Brilliant I shall look forward to that Andy.
    I will give you a shout when I'm happy with the setup. It might be a few months as I'm not sure when the Radford is being delivered.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Just bought one of the above for the EAR 834 clone. It's a new PSU. I'm also considering producing a "Reference" level EAR 834 clone is so far as that it's been souped up to buggery over on Lenco Heaven. I'll probably need a few other bits and pieces but I'm very very happy with the clone I own at the moment but I wonder how far this can be pushed, hence the new purchases. The valve system now has the Paradise phonostage up and running again but I still wait for a few bits for the Garrard and the Tannoy's XO's. Should all be good fun when I can cobble a working system togther!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Decisions decisions.

I'm looking for some new ECC83's to try against the Mullard ECC83's from the 70's. I found these

https://www.watfordvalves.com/produc...il.asp?id=4158

OR

http://www.hotroxuk.com/general-elec...751-valve.html

OR

http://www.hotroxuk.com/general-elec...n-12ax7wa.html
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Julian.

The JAN GE 5751 is a very good tube for the money - it was the stock tube in my phono stage.

I replaced it with a 1950's GE black plate which I found had a bit more sparkle in the treble and superior dynamics.

Probably the best place to buy the Jan GE is Langrex, much cheaper -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5751-JAN-G...YAAOSwImRYPrzE
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Andrew.

Thanks for the tip Julian.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Just a little update.

I added a new mono SPU to the collection. Tom had this up for sale and it's just a perfect match for my Garrard 301. I don't have to change anything on the tonearm. The new SPU just bolts in and is ready to go! I've wanted a mono cartridge for some time and was searching the forums and eBay for some time. The only problem is that you don't really know what your going to get. I can trust Tom, the price was excellent so he got my wonga! The SPU should now be the perfect transcribing tool for all my MONO jazz and classical records. I'm sure better carts exist for the job but at this moment in time I'm happy with this little fella.

DSCN3322.jpg

The Garrard 301 has recieved a little attention this week and I decided to buy a new Idler wheel to replace the 40+ year old component that currently resides in the 301's innards.

DSCN3318.jpg

The Paradise phonostage is now fully fixed and upgraded so I can't wait this weekend when I get chance to hook up the 301 and have a listen to the upgrades and new carts.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Yup I did the same as you Andy and treated myself to one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lenco-NEW-...53.m1438.l2649 . Serious upgrade to the GL75 .

I have also ordered a new bearing from Malaysia which should arrive next week
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Yup I did the same as you Andy and treated myself to one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lenco-NEW-...53.m1438.l2649 . Serious upgrade to the GL75 .

I have also ordered a new bearing from Malaysia which should arrive next week
    Both upgrades will offer significant improvements over the stock Lenco parts. I'm sure your going to be very happy.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast