+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it me or are Oasis Recording Shit!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have their first two CDs. I bought them because they remind me of a time and place, and truth be told, I quite like them.

Since I intially heard them on the car radio, the fact that the recordings are compressed doesn't matter to me; I liked what I heard.

Don't really care whether or not they are up there in the 'Pantheon of the Greats', there is room for them in my 'Skeletons in the Cupboard'.

Regards
    Barry

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post
    agree about RATM, but they never did a bad album....

the GNR album I was referring to was Chinese Democracy, because you were talking about albums released last year
    Chinese wot ?
    Can't say as I can recollect any of it - it's that good. It must have got some airplay somewhere, but I can't remember.

Chris

I'm Martin.

As I recollect Oasis had three attempts at recording their first album, in two different studios, in an attempt to capture something of their live sound - the first two efforts were 'too tidy' sounding. I have it on vinyl and it doesn't sound compressed, just 'different' in an echoey, wall of sound sort of way.

'Morning Glory' has some good tunes but the production sounds like it was rushed.

After that - nothing of note. Seen 'em live a couple of times and they were pretty good.

GnR 'Chinese Democracy' sucks big time IMHO
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dan.

Hi

yes i dont mind chinese demoracy not bad once you give it a few listens lol

Dan
    [B]Class A , A,B Amplification[/B\]
    Marantz PM4
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Speaker Cable , Digital Coax , Interconnects
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Nakamichi Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123