+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Speakers!

I'm Grant.

in series with the tweeter
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

in idiot language please! you mean wired across the tweeter terminals?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

no in line with one side of tweeter
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

ah gotcha, thanks for explaining
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Cap in the + side of the cable (not that it's crucial). Solder the cap to the tweeter + (often marked red) if it has solder tags and connect the + (pos) side of the cable to the cap, then the - (neg) of the lead to the other tag.

Don't short any speaker terminals!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

I start with larger value caps and work down until the tweeter is almost indiscernable.

Don't worry about sensitivity matching. Say your speakers are 89db for instance, a 95db tweeter will still be ok. It rolls in at 6db/oct on a single cap, so if it's just audible, any excess output will be well beyond human hearing.

What tweeter were you thinking of using? There are many that work well.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky View Post
    Finished speaker;
    You ever sell any of these speakers, Frank? What is the spec like on this one? Looks like it might be what I am looking for.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I start with larger value caps and work down until the tweeter is almost indiscernable.

Don't worry about sensitivity matching. Say your speakers are 89db for instance, a 95db tweeter will still be ok. It rolls in at 6db/oct on a single cap, so if it's just audible, any excess output will be well beyond human hearing.

What tweeter were you thinking of using? There are many that work well.
    ok so how do i work out the starting point with going large and downwards? if too big a cap is used what happens?
    at any point doing this is there a chance the speakers will burst into flames?? lol

im going with the same one mark used in his ns1000 as its proved to be a good combination,im sorry to say all the db and techy stuff just goes over my head much to mu annoyance .
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You ever sell any of these speakers, Frank? What is the spec like on this one? Looks like it might be what I am looking for.
    There's a uk guy, Lansr, selling JBL M2's for £6500 over on Lansing Heritage. I tend to part them out especially in the case of the vintage JBL drivers I've used in the past.
    The closest you could get to these s/h would be K2 S9800.
    At some point soon I'll be selling 3x pairs of Tannoy 3833/36 drivers and crossovers for either Arden Legacy or system 15 diy projects but the JBL's are all keepers..

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky View Post
    but the JBL's are all keepers..
    That's the problem with trying to buy some. Nobody ever bloody sells them! It isn't even easy to buy them new here and their internet presence is, and I'm being charitable here: Confused.

Very oddly run company.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast