+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My mains has been Marco'd!

Jon, it's on the inside but the wiring is encased and it runs along the skirting boards.

I'm Ralph.

You clearly have a bad attitude Mr Toy.

Are your new sockets rcd protected?
    Ralph.

I'm David.

Default Marco'd Mains

Steve.
    As already pointed out by Cornish Pasty you cant go round changing mains fuses willy nilly,or installing earth rods ad hoc also what is you impedance test referenced to? and I'm not surprised that you now find things more HiFi instead of more real as before.I installed radials with 10mm cable and came to the same conclusion that you have ,the earth rods will probably make things more so.Its like bass from valves versus transistors one sounds like real instruments one sounds like hifi,no prizes for guessing which.
    Dave.
    Don't need any Tannoys - I've got the best. All cables supplied by pound shop or better.
    Cheatfinder General.

Mr Hewitt, You''ve only read part of the OP. Read the explanation of why it sounded more hi-fi and what the Music Works Reflex Block is for. Bear in mind that I've been using the block for a while and its use is my reference point.

You clearly have a bad attitude Mr Toy.
    Initially I wanted to delete your post but I decided to reply to it instead. The bad attitude began with your post, #2.

I'm David.

Steve
    Then why not wire the block into your consumer unit and do away with another set of sockets?
    Dave.
    Don't need any Tannoys - I've got the best. All cables supplied by pound shop or better.
    Cheatfinder General.

As already pointed out by Cornish Pasty you cant go round changing mains fuses willy nilly,or installing earth rods ad hoc
    I just did - by a qualified electrician. What are you going to do about it?

The 80 amp fuse is also better from a safety POV.

It's my fucking house and none of your fucking business!

Steve
    Then why not wire the block into your consumer unit and do away with another set of sockets?
    Dave.
    I admit that three of the sockets are effectively redundant but the block needs to be portable.

I'm David.

Steve
    Dont get upset,but drop your insurance co aline tomorrow and see what they think,also you cant remove seals on fuses cause they are not yours ,and how is abigger fuse safer?
    Cheatfinder General.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

On a hopefully lighter note regarding regs, when we had our new central heating boiler installed, the electrics had to be modified and the electrician went ape regarding the necessity for an extra earth wire that had to be within a few feet of the gas meter. Since it wasn't easily possible to do this, he reluctantly agreed to leave things and the installation was downgraded to a "repair" or something similar as it wasn't a full installation.

In the shop I was at for 17 years, we had a fresh ring taken from the fuse-box (the electricians tightened all the wires in and out of the meter etc). There was a 30A supply to the dem room with a switch by the meter downstairs. The upstairs had a 15A ring via 16 double unswitched MK sockets and a second switch in the dem room for safety. Now the shop is fully B&O Solus all of this may well have been ripped out, but it worked well for us...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast