+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Decca C4E cartridge

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'd say the Decca's will accurately demonstrate what's in the groove. If the Vinyl is a poor cut, that's what you'll get and it's merciless. Other carts are kinder to bad vinyl imo.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Poor vinyl doesn't get played at my place, like the abbey road I bought recently, I would need to really be in the mood for it. But with plenty of great recordings to choose from I don't usually bother.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Poor vinyl doesn't get played at my place, like the abbey road I bought recently, I would need to really be in the mood for it. But with plenty of great recordings to choose from I don't usually bother.
    Poor as in the Mix or CUT. I have a remastered Abbey road which is so bass heavy I couldn't listen to it. Got another when I complained and it's better. Not questioning your care and attention to your collection

I'm paul.

Poor as in the Mix or CUT. I have a remastered Abbey road which is so bass heavy I couldn't listen to it. Got another when I complained and it's better. Not questioning your care and attention to your collection

can you explain that last sentence Oliver, I'm not sure what that means, I don't look at my music as a collection, just music I like to listen to. Some have thousands that they don't have enough hours to listen to them all.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

Bigman80 Guest

can you explain that last sentence Oliver, I'm not sure what that means, I don't look at my music as a collection, just music I like to listen to. Some have thousands that they don't have enough hours to listen to them all.
    Well, I thought you read my comment as "poor condition" or "not looked after" vinyl but I was refering to the actual quality of the pressing and the mix.

I then wanted to assure you that I wasn't suggesting you didn't look after your Vinyl.

Collection is basically the entire volume of your vinyl that you have "collected" over the years. Not a collection in the way of "looked at and not touched".

I'm paul.

Well, I thought you read my comment as "poor condition" or "not looked after" vinyl but I was refering to the actual quality of the pressing and the mix.

I then wanted to assure you that I wasn't suggesting you didn't look after your Vinyl.

Collection is basically the entire volume of your vinyl that you have "collected" over the years. Not a collection in the way of "looked at and not touched".

haha, no I read it as quality of pressing or recording.

Bigman80 Guest

haha, no I read it as quality of pressing or recording.
    Sweet.

I'm Charlie.

Played a test record and checked bias. Then checked arm/cart resonance, cart wobbled at 9hz, what do I need to do.
    9Hz tonearm cart resonance freq is bang on the button - no need to do anything about that.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    9Hz tonearm cart resonance freq is bang on the button - no need to do anything about that.
    That's great Charlie.

I'm Russell.

What did you use to take those photographs? Nice close ups!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    What did you use to take those photographs? Nice close ups!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    which photos Russell?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast